Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2027 posts in this topic

I rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday, I intend to see Vol 2 on Tue ($5 Tue at the local theater).

I also watched Bad Moms..I liked it a lot!!!

Tonight I am rewatching Drive Angry for the umpteenth time and may watch Miss Sloane.

My spellchecker is telling me that "rewatched" and "rewatching" are wrong, but 'umpteenth' is right.

1 person likes this

Rewatched the original Iron Man a night or two ago.

Boy, that's a well-made movie.  I know what's happening all along, and I'm excited to see them pull it off.  Although Tony really is an broccoli before his accident.

3 people like this

Came back from seeing GotG vol.2 in 3D IMAX (very empty on Mondays).

Quite entertaining, though I don't think I'd rank it as my favorite, it's still fun and full of 80s pop culture references. And it had some surprising cameos in it. Glad they didn't overdo baby Groot, bummed that some fight scenes felt stretched.

As per usual, half of the crowd left before the end of the credits, missing a *lot* of fun stuff. I always wondered how they would introduce one of the key characters of the Infinity War saga.

4 people like this

I just finished watching Bone Tomahawk. Kind of a western horror film. Loved it. Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson and Matthew Fox all did great. Brutally fun movie!!!!

1 person likes this

Just saw GotG2.  Liked it.  Not as much is the first one (which I loved).  Many post credit scenes.  Watch them all.

2 people like this

I saw GotG, Vol 2 yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I believe there are FIVE post credit scenes.

Looking forward to Wonder Woman on (or the Tue right after) 02 June.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Brother Jim said:

I saw GotG, Vol 2 yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I believe there are FIVE post credit scenes.

Are they starting to parody themselves all in good fun with this, or is it in earnest?

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Are they starting to parody themselves all in good fun with this, or is it in earnest?

It's "Guardians of the Galaxy."  I don't think they have an "in earnest" mode.  So yes, it's all good fun, including a well-disguised shout-out to the original Guardians of the Galaxy with some Very Big Name cameos.

1 person likes this

Saw Fate of the Furious this evening. I have a thing for car chase movies and two of my favorite action stars, Jason Statham and Kurt Russel are in it. :) I went in expecting witty one-liners, car chases, and lots of explosions and was NOT disappointed.  Definitely not a movie you want to think about too much, just sit back and enjoy the ride.  The ensemble cast has some new faces, and some old ones. Statham has a great action scene, but the spotlight gets stolen by one of the new stars.  Good family movie.  The franchise shows no signs of slowing down.  I say look for F&F9 in 2018. 

On 5/10/2017 at 0:19 AM, Taskmaster99 said:

I just finished watching Bone Tomahawk. Kind of a western horror film. Loved it. Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson and Matthew Fox all did great. Brutally fun movie!!!!

I watched it today. Unusual but gripping. 

It felt like a b-movie but with a big name cast

1 person likes this

On 5/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

i loved Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 - vol. 2 was good, but not as excellent as the first. (Merely getting a 4 out of 5, while GotG v1 got a 4.5 - but I am a bit like the Russian Judge... it is hard to get a 4. A 4 puts it level with The Incredibles. 4.5 puts the first GotG equal with Civil War.)

Plus, I really, really wanted to kill the teenagers that were being complete donkeycaves in the first row - they eventually got tossed out.

The Auld Grump - ten legs, no brains, making enough noise for sixteen mouths.

Huh, Megan and I have direct opposite opinions on GotG 1 and 2... She rates GotG v1 as 4, and v2 as 4.5.... ::P: (She really likes vol. 2, even more than vol. 1.)

The Auld Grump - and now to go get knocked down for a couple of hours. ::):

Watched 'Only Lovers Left Alive' and enjoyed it.  Definitely one you have to be in the mood for. 

We recently subscribed to Netflix streaming, so we decided to watch a Netflix produced movie named Spectral.  It was a military sci-fi with some horror elements.  We enjoyed it a lot, good acting, great special effects, interesting story.  Worth watching if you are a subscriber.

3 people like this

Watched "Get Out". First 50 to 70 percent of the movie was good and then it faltered. It's as if the director ran out of time or is one of those people who have trouble concluding their essays. The main actor seems to be a strong lead. He'd cast well in other movies. 

1 person likes this

watched guardians of the galaxy vol2.

that was so damn good.