Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2197 posts in this topic

Yesterday watched Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 for the second time. My bride liked it, but not as much as the first.

Also watched the documentary What We Do In The Shadows (which I always mess up the name of, turning it into Things we do... or In The Dark). Bloody Brilliant!! I highly recommend it. 

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Yesterday watched Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 for the second time. My bride liked it, but not as much as the first.

Also watched the documentary What We Do In The Shadows (which I always mess up the name of, turning it into Things we do... or In The Dark). Bloody Brilliant!! I highly recommend it. 

I stumbled on it last year on a movie channel. Frickin' hilarious mockumentary about Vampire roommates in New Zealand. They visit most of the classic vampire tropes.

1 person likes this

We watched Noah with Russell Crowe last night.  Our household is not religious at all, so that didn't influence our opinions.  I didn't like the movie, mostly because Noah was not a very nice guy imo, but hubby and son treated it as a pure fantasy movie and thought it was decent.

Just finished Green Room with Patrick Stewart. Another brutal, intense movie. One of Anton Yelchin's final performances if I'm not mistaken. 

We watched Why Him? this weekend (and I just realized we didn't return it...) and found it to be surprisingly sweet. Yes there's lots of raunchy humor (it's got James Franco, of course it's going to be raunchy), but the characters are all pretty sweet. It might just make it into our Christmas movie line up.

On 5/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

watched guardians of the galaxy vol2.

that was so damn good.

It is an excellent example of what Marvel Studios is doing right with their properties. ::D: (Hey, DC? Warner? Watch the movie - take notes....)

The Auld Grump

4 people like this

Watched X-men Days of Future Past and Logan this week. Both left me kind of meh. I have kind of an ingrained dislike of time travel stories and nothing really grabbed my attention in Days of Future past. I was really looking forward to seeing Logan because I liked the previous 2 movies about Wolverine. It was dull and depressing and did nothing for me. I've got nothing against depressing films. I watch russian war movies and like them. But again there just wasn't any kind of emotional connection for me. Watching a violent little girl version of Wolverine scream and grunt and kill things just wasn't enough to make me like it.

Really want to see GOTG 2. Don't feel like driving 2 hours to see it in the city so am waiting for a bit until it hits the local theater.

1 person likes this

I'm about to start watching 10 Cloverfield Lane, then I might watch either Assassin's Creed or Barbarella.

I haven't seen any of them before.

2 people like this

On 5/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, Taskmaster99 said:

Just finished Green Room with Patrick Stewart. Another brutal, intense movie. One of Anton Yelchin's final performances if I'm not mistaken. 

The only brutal intense Patrick Stewart I've seen is his MacBeth.  That one was nightmare fuel.

37 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I'm about to start watching 10 Cloverfield Lane, then I might watch either Assassin's Creed or Barbarella.

I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane. 

8 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

Assassins creed was decent. It had a lot of little nods to the game series, acting was alright, though a couple things didn't make sense to me.

I also really hated their animus. It was just so riduculous and silly. It bothered me so much it took me right out of the viewing experience (out of sync, yesno?).

On 5/15/2017 at 8:21 PM, Brother Jim said:

10 Cloverfield Lane was OK. I also watched Entourage the Movie and have no interest in watching any of the seasons.

Tonight will be Assassin's Creed and/or Barbarella.

I liked Assassin's Creed, but I've never played any of the games.

Will watch Barbarella on Wednesday.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Watched "Get Out".  It had an amazing first half and then it pewtered out. Weak ending(s). It's like one of those people who can write beautiful beginnings for essay but cannot conclude them.

Spoilering

Throughout the movie, the girlfriend should be performing small gestures  of hypnosis. Different ones from the mom, so we assume it's her quirks.

Towards the end, she convinces the boyfriend she's a victim and they escape together.

Fade to black.

Before or after credits. Doorbell rings and the door is opened by a zombie like boyfriend. Camera pans over to the girlfriend who is smiling, slowly running her finger around the cup, and asking who is it? Camera fades to black again.

Could have left the movie open for a sequel.

Edited by pcktlnt

Last movie I saw in theaters was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.  It was hilarious.

Last movie I watched that was streamed was The Void.  Very interesting horror movie reminded me a bit of Event Horizon.  It had a very Cthulhu vibe to it. 

Movie I plan to see....I'm a HUGE Aliens fan so you can probably guess what I'm planning on doing this weekend....I remember being excited to see Prometheus and being a bit disappointed so hopefully Alien: Covenant will basically fix that....

3 people like this