Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2126 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I watched Baby Driver last Tuesday.  Was a good action movie.  I really enjoyed the way that the music was woven in throughout the entire movie (to the point where even some gun battles were choreographed in time with the beat; in a good way, not a cheesy way).  Most of the stunts seemed within the realms of possibility, unlike some of the Fast and Furious franchise.

That's good to hear. Hubby and I were pretty interested in it. A number of good actors and fun looking. ^_^ 

Despicable M3  was lighthearted family fun. The minions were pushed to the background in this one, which was fine with me, I was able to enjoy the story more. I did feel they left a few threads hanging, but overall it was good. 

Spiderman this week.  I have heard good things, but am staying cautious. Expecting more High School Musical than Marvel Action Hero.

2 people like this

Last Tue. I watched Despicable M3 and rewatched Wonder Woman.

I enjoyed both of them.

Tomorrow will be Spider-Man: Homecoming, unless something bad happens.

1 person likes this

Seen Spiderman: Homecoming on Friday. Love it!

Spoiler

I will say I did feel like it was Parker in a toned down Iron Man suit with the suit being from Stark Industries but overall I did like some of the devices & such, like the Spidey-tracker & such. Plus Karen did have some funny bits. Loved the bit with Happy telling people about the easter eggs in the next Marvel Movies too. Also Micheal Keaton was great. His bit in the movies is great, the common blue collar worker trying to provide for his family & such. Also the part where he greets Parker at the door is a perfect set up. Oh no he's captured people Peter cares about....NOPE He is Liz's dad!! LOL

Characters were well written. Tom Holland is perfect for the role.

As everyone should know stay till the very end!!!!

2 people like this

How many little scenes are there in the credits?

Thanks.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:48 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

We... are watching Howard the Duck tonight.

I warned Megan of what to expect, but she wants to know why I groaned at Howard's  cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy.

She will learn... yes, she will learn....

The Auld Grump

I remain fond of the movie.  "If God had wanted us to fly, he wouldn't have taken away our wings!"

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

Thanks.

Threeish? One is right before the final MPAA rating notice so you'll be there for the whole thing.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

Thanks.

I've reached the point where I sit through the credits of all movies. Just in case. It works well for Disney movies.

WB/DC decided to add... nothing. I was hoping for *something* for WW tying it to their next releases. But nada.

5 people like this

We watched The Way Back this evening, about several prisoners who escape from a Siberian Gulag in 1941, and walk all the way to India, a journey of 4000 miles.  An awesome survival movie by director Peter Weir.

Watched Persona 3:- The Movie.

I'd played the game, so I was interested in how they'd make a film out of it.

Problem was, I don't remember the protagonist being such an unlikeable, nihilistic, butt-hole in the game (admittedly, I played as the special edition female protagonist who could have been scripted very differently). Made it a very hard watch, and I didn't make it to the end of this movie, never mind getting through the other 3 that made up the whole story.