Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2205 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, daveismyhero said:

I'm dragging my wife to see It Happened One Night (1934) this weekend. It's one of my favorites, and she is looking for an excuse to bail on me. I may have to find another date!

I love that film!

Just watched "Casablanca" for the fourth time since Monday: once normal, once with French subtitles, once with Roger Ebert commentary, once with Rudy Behlmer commentary.

Even with guys talking over it, I get all weepy at "La Marseillaise" and the ending.

Edited by Pingo
1 person likes this

Saw Atomic Blond with my wife last night. Was fun and while I had guessed some is the plot out before the end, there were some fun surprises. 

5 people like this

In my seat for Valerian. Let you know in a few hours how it is. 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

In my seat for Valerian. Let you know in a few hours how it is. 

Very fun movie! Bits of humor here and there, and decent action scenes if a bit comic-bookish but it was based on one. Never felt like it dragged and the first hour passed feeling like a quarter of that time. Looking back, kind of a cliché villain and other pieces, but hey, after age 30 what isn't? I enjoyed it.

3 people like this

On 8/17/2017 at 1:39 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Finished the second one last night.  Was much better than the first.  Someone mentioned that they were in Netflix (or maybe Prime, I don't remember)

Yeah, Gamers 2 is a classic. I wasn't as impressed with the recent Gamers 3, but the upcoming Shadow Menace (early viewing just went live for KS backers) is decent.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:39 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

3 people like this

Tuesday we saw Nut Job 2.  We were with friends who had small children. Normally I don't dis kid's movies but this one was full of horrible 2-dimensional stereotyped characters which made the predictable plot tiresome and even offensive in places.  Jackie Chan has a funny out-take at  the end. 

Wednesday we watched Rock Dog at home. The characters are still pretty flat but at least the sheep jokes work with the story.  The plot is simple, straightforward and moves at a good pace. It's easy to identify with the main characters, who have hopes and goals and personality.  Overall much more enjoyable than the other movie. 

3 people like this

Going to have to watch Ladyhawke again. Too many reminders in the nostalgia thread, I love the movie, and the eclipse reminded me of it. 

5 people like this

I watched Ladyhawke with the kids a month ago. A few days ago we watched the 3 Amigos. Used to love that movie. It wasn't quite as funny as I remembered but still worth a watch. Think my tastes are changing a bit but not that much.

5 people like this

Can't remember if i mentioned this one already (a search turned up nothing) so; I watched Morgan the other day.  Nice little suspenseful drama/action about a girl who is a genetic experiment and an evaluation after goes berserk and hurts one of the researchers.  Kate Mara is the "risk consultant" sent in by corporate, and Leslie Rose (Ygritte from GoT) is one of psychologists.  Great movie and reminded me somewhat of the movie Hannah.  Was on cable.

2 people like this

Hubby and I watched Alien: Covenent the other day. It was good. Also, there's something up with Mr. Gieger's brain :huh:

2 people like this

I've been watching Trolls about once every three or four days now - my daughter really loves it.

Going to watch 'Leap' and 'Castle in the Sky' in theaters this weekend - I guess that makes this a big movie weekend.

4 people like this

If I have to watch Troll's one more time, I may go balistic....and my wife thinks I am Branch.

Watched Dudes and Dragons....very cheesy, but it held my interest. I corrected its rot on my brain by rewatching John Wayne's Big Jake again! :)

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

I corrected its rot on my brain by rewatching John Wayne's Big Jake again! :)

"I thought you were dead."

"Not hardly."

One of my favorite John Wayne movies.

4 people like this

Reminds me of a line Clint had in 'Hang'em High'...

"When you hang a man... you better look at him" (pulls down scarf to reveal nasty scar around neck to guy from posse who didn't recognize him, draws...)

:)

Great old movie, once you get past the fact they cast The Skipper as one of the villains!

Just saw Spiderman, liked it.  Finally saw Gaurdians o'Galaxy 2; not quite as much.

Kang

3 people like this

I'm looking forward to Castle in the Sky on Monday. I usually try to catch the Subbed version rather than Dubbed. It's not snobbery, I just enjoy the experience more, and Ghibli films are some of the best Dubbed films I've seen. 

I still haven't managed to see Spiderman, and the more I think on it the more I'll probably just wait for Blu-Ray. 

1 person likes this