Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2233 posts in this topic

Same - I bought a ticket for the original Final Cut and the new one for consecutive weekends. The Cinerama here does reserved seating and you can buy well in advance. Seeing the original on the big screen kinda sets a high bar for the new movie, though.

1 person likes this

Renting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 tonight, for after the game, as we try to decide whether to buy it. (Good movie, not as good as Vol. 1.)

The Auld Grump

3 people like this

I want to see the new BladeRunner...and the professor Marston and the Wonder Women, But what I want and what the pocket book allows are usually two different things. :P

3 people like this

Just got back from Blade Runner and I have to say I think I liked it as much as the original. 

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Just got back from Blade Runner and I have to say I think I liked it as much as the original. 

It's good. The story went in directions I wasn't really expecting, and they really didn't just remake or make an homage to the original. The structure of the story is pretty different even while the aesthetics follow the original closely (the story's not perfect, but no spoilers). They also did a great job of staying in the world of the original, while advancing it 30 years into its future based on what's happened in the real world in the same amount of time, if that makes sense. 

I also appreciated the editing - it has an old-school pace that gives scenes time to sink in instead of rushing from cut to cut like most modern movies do. 

I would recommend seeing it on the big screen in a good theater if you are interested in it - the sound design and soundtrack really want a professional audio system.

I was worried seeing the final cut last week might have set too high a bar, but turns out not to be a problem.

3 people like this

We watched The Ruins from 1985  yesterday.  It's a psychological horror movie with a villain you only rarely see in horror movies.  Avoid the trailer if you don't want to spoil the antagonist.  Some great ideas for evil DMs in there.  I enjoyed the movie more than I thought, I am not a horror fan myself.  Hubby wanted to see it because of the antagonist.

3 people like this

Just finished The Void.  Awesome Lovecraft Mythos movie.  If the people that wrote that haven't played Call of Cthulhu I'll be stunned.  Also, that movie is the best example of play aid ever for the game.  Also, I really want to play in their game.

Edited by Erifnogard
clarity. or was it?

Seventh+Son+Dragon+Poster.jpg

I didn't hate it.

BabyDriverPoster.jpg

Little ways into this. Like it so far. Appears to be Hipster Transporter though.

Tomorrow we see The Princess Bride in theater! Sooooo looking forward to it! ^_^

6 people like this

For whatever reason the last three of these "fathom events" things we've gone to, there's been some idiot sitting right next to us detracting from the enjoyment of seeing the movie on the big screen. 

This time we had these women sitting next to us who would not shut up. One of them laughed through the entirety of the princess bride, even the parts that weren't funny. Seriously wanted to kick her into a well.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

For whatever reason the last three of these "fathom events" things we've gone to, there's been some idiot sitting right next to us detracting from the enjoyment of seeing the movie on the big screen. 

This time we had these women sitting next to us who would not shut up. One of them laughed through the entirety of the princess bride, even the parts that weren't funny. Seriously wanted to kick her into a well.

*THIS...IS...BUTTERCUP!!!!!

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

*THIS...IS...BUTTERCUP!!!!!

I love it that you guys understand me ^_^

4 people like this

The Princess Bride beats out Monty Python and the Holy Grail for movie most likely to be quoted during the game.

The Auld Grump

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

When I went to see Fellowship of the Ring, there was a teenaged girl that went SQUEEE! every time Legolas was on screen.

I had heard of such things, but never before had I witnessed it. ::P:

There was also a girl that would giggle nervously every time Dr. Manhattan showed up in The Watchmen. Pretty sure that she had no idea that she would be seeing quite so much of the good doctor.

The Auld Grump

3 people like this