Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Sitting in an empty theatre waiting to watch the new Star Wars movie.

IMG_1090.thumb.JPG.af1c42002bf333997f65ff77d513ee4f.JPG

Got my popcorn and a fancy recliner AVX seat.

I'm good to go!::D:

• Like 6

Hubby and I finished watching the second season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Wednesday. It was an amazingly good show and I'm really sad that it wasn't picked up for a third season. They were setting it up to go somewhere really interesting. 

Tonight we watched Colossal. It was not quite what I expected, based on the previews, but it was still an enjoyable movie. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, Brother Jim said:

Also watched Ghosts of Mars for the first time....it was OK. Probably would have liked it more if I had first seen it a while ago.

Ghosts of Mars is vastly improved if you watch it as a Chaos cult in the Warhammer 40k universe taking over a planet. 

Ok, maybe not vastly improved, but it does make more sense that way. 

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched Florence Foster Jenkins last night. I'd avoided it before, worried that they would treat her as an object of ridicule, but it was a remarkably kind portrayal.

• Like 1

Last night we watched Wind River, a very good movie about a dead girl found in the snow in an Indian reservation, and a young FBI agent and a fish and wildlife hunter trying to figure out what happened.  I really liked the portrayal of the friendship between the hunter and the father of the victim, very touching and human.

• Like 2

Watched Logan, Interstellar, and X-men: End of Days (I think). All enjoyable, even hopped up on cold medicine.

Had hoped to feel better today, but looks like it might be time for another movie binge.

• Like 4

After all the talk about Conan on another thread I went and watched it again. It's still the same as always but I enjoy it.

We also watched Monster Trucks because my oldest saw a trailer for it. Heard it was really awful but it wasn't so bad. Not great or must watch veiwing but a cute feel good movie suitable for all ages. Subterranean octopus creatures come out of an oil well and a local teen tries to help them get backhome. The catch is he uses a 4x4 to give them mobility. The monster does the driving and acts as the motor.

• Like 3

Watched Heavy Metal again for the first time in about fifteen years. The lame parts were even lamer than I remember, but the rest of it was still pretty cool.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Zink said:

After all the talk about Conan on another thread I went and watched it again. It's still the same as always but I enjoy it.

We also watched Monster Trucks because my oldest saw a trailer for it. Heard it was really awful but it wasn't so bad. Not great or must watch veiwing but a cute feel good movie suitable for all ages. Subterranean octopus creatures come out of an oil well and a local teen tries to help them get backhome. The catch is he uses a 4x4 to give them mobility. The monster does the driving and acts as the motor.

Monster Truck was a fun movie. Not everything needs to be "oscar worthy" to be solid entertainment. And it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monster Truck was a fun movie. Not everything needs to be "oscar worthy" to be solid entertainment. And it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not.

Also it was written by a four year old.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Megan wants to see the Indiana Jones movies....

All of them.

Even the bad ones.

When I asked her why, her answer was Eberron....

The Auld Grump - can't argue with that logic. ::):

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan wants to see the Indiana Jones movies....

All of them.

Even the bad ones.

When I asked her why, her answer was Eberron....

The Auld Grump - can't argue with that logic. ::):

"Eberron" is the same reason I have, over the last year, re-watched Indiana Jones, National Treasure and Bridge On the River Kwai; re-played the entire Tomb Raider and Uncharted franchises; and read or re-read a pile of Crichton, Verne, Welles and Burroughs. Among other things.

This will be a fun campaign to run.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, etherial said:

Also it was written by a four year old.

Which makes it more interesting to me than a lot of movies written by people with big credentials.

4 hours ago, Sanael said:

"Eberron" is the same reason I have, over the last year, re-watched Indiana Jones, National Treasure and Bridge On the River Kwai; re-played the entire Tomb Raider and Uncharted franchises; and read or re-read a pile of Crichton, Verne, Welles and Burroughs. Among other things.

This will be a fun campaign to run.

Add Casablanca. REALLY!

I don't know why I had never seen Casablanca until Grump insisted. I guess I was thinking Classic Movie = Boring Movie or something. Casablanca ISN'T boring!

I am ashamed to say that until I had the idea for this campaign, I had never read any of the Eberron stuff, I just knew what Grump has to say about it, when he tries to set up a campaign every now and again.

No excuse, I was working in a bookstore when Eberron came out, it would have been EASY to read up on it!

• Like 3