Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

Add Casablanca. REALLY!

I don't know why I had never seen Casablanca until Grump insisted. I guess I was thinking Classic Movie = Boring Movie or something. Casablanca ISN'T boring!

I am ashamed to say that until I had the idea for this campaign, I had never read any of the Eberron stuff, I just knew what Grump has to say about it, when he tries to set up a campaign every now and again.

No excuse, I was working in a bookstore when Eberron came out, it would have been EASY to read up on it!

Oh, yes. Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, and The Third Man are required watching for any Eberron campaign that expects to spend time in Sharn (or any of the Five Nations' major cities). Oddly enough, I also now suggest Atomic Blonde for some of the same reasons as Third Man or Casablanca.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Oh, yes. Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, and The Third Man are required watching for any Eberron campaign that expects to spend time in Sharn (or any of the Five Nations' major cities). Oddly enough, I also now suggest Atomic Blonde for some of the same reasons as Third Man or Casablanca.

Atomic Blonde for the Noir! La Femme Nikita as well!

I can see that!

She might make a good rival for the PCs in the adventure I am thinking of for Eberron. Oh! Another idea! Over to the Eberron Thread!

• Like 4

I need to ask Grump for some film noir suggestions.

And I need to log off of his machine before he gets home! He has to work a bit on the kids game he is running tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I need to ask Grump for some film noir suggestions.

And I need to log off of his machine before he gets home! He has to work a bit on the kids game he is running tomorrow futz around on the internet.

Fixed that for you. ::P:

If you are working on the computer when I get home, keep on using it - I can wait.

Heck, I can use the horrible old laptop that I lug to work.

The Auld Grump - I really need to get a new cheap laptop for lugging purposes....

• Haha 1

The latest Star Wars movie in a BigD theater on Sunday.

I would like to see Jumanji 2 in a theater, but don't know if I'll be able to.

4 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Finally got around to watching the Hobbit Trilogy, it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. 

It wasn't really bad just long. I preferred the edited short version. Can't remember what it's called right now but it's online. The only things I didn't really like were the overdone rollercoaster scenes trynig to add action, mountain giants, escape from goblin town and barrel fight.

Watching Terminator 2 with my oldest. On a bit of a Shwarzenegger kick lately. Still really like the first 2 Terminator movies and salvation. Wish the Sarah Connor chronicles had gone on longer.

• Like 4

Y'know, I've got the first two Hobbit movies on dvd... I think I'll watch them again today.

• Like 2

Just remembered the short version Hobbit's name. The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit . Cuts out pretty much anything that wasn't in the book.

• Like 4

It wasn't my first time seeing it (though it had been years since I last watched it), but my son watched "Alien" for the first time tonight.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Watched the Emoji Movie tonight with the family. Glad we didn't buy it...

7 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I bought tickets for the premier screening of the dark crystal on feb 25. ::D:

LUCKY!! I would love to go see it again in theaters, but the closest screening is in Spokane, a 3 hour drive. ::(:

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

LUCKY!! I would love to go see it again in theaters, but the closest screening is in Spokane, a 3 hour drive. ::(:

That's lame! I'm lucky enough to have two theaters to choose from for all the fathom events. It's nice, because I can usually pick the theater with the recliner chairs and reserve seating.

• Like 1

I just realized that I have something positive to say about Justice League!

It really has me looking forward to Aquaman. (That-Guy-That-Talks-To-Fish had pretty much all the good lines in Justice League - and actually came across as pretty likeable.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2