Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Black Panther is getting articles in newspapers - not just reviews - actual articles.

Including the front page of a local alternative paper.

And an article on Five Thirty Eight.

Not bad for a movie based on a funny book.

The Auld Grump - definite step up from films such as Scream Blackula, Scream.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 3:07 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Black Panther is getting articles in newspapers - not just reviews - actual articles.

Including the front page of a local alternative paper.

And an article on Five Thirty Eight.

Not bad for a movie based on a funny book.

The Auld Grump - definite step up from films such as Scream Blackula, Scream.

SWMBO and I watched it on Wednesday night. At the same time. About 6700km (and 3 hours of time zones) apart...

The basic plot was pretty predictable, but the side plots were quite well done. And the movie was quite enjoyable overall.

Edited by sumbloke
  • Like 1

I find it fascinating how all of the human-like characters in The Dark Crystal (Gelflings, Pod People) were puppets, but all the non-human ones (Skeksis, Mystics, Garthim and Landstriders) were all people in costumes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Watched "A Street Cat Named Bob".  It's a whitewashed feel-good story about a junkie who gets clean after he adopts a stray cat.  The film shows how close to the edge the main character lived, and some of the difficulties he had to overcome (beyond addiction) to change his life.  Based on a true story.  Recommended for family viewing.

• Like 1

Saw The Dark Crystal yesterday (whole gaming group went), and spent the ride home after the game playing 'spot the influence' - or trying to, since Mr. Thorne has seen things that I haven't, and I have seen things he hasn't.

Now I need a copy of the movie.

• Like 4

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, was tonight's movie. I haven't seen the first one, but this was fun.  Penis jokes are always good for a laugh. Not a lot of depth to the story or characters, but entertaining.  Definitely going to add "Smoulder" to the skill list next time I assign characters. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Saw The Dark Crystal yesterday (whole gaming group went), and spent the ride home after the game playing 'spot the influence' - or trying to, since Mr. Thorne has seen things that I haven't, and I have seen things he hasn't.

Now I need a copy of the movie.

Good news! They're releasing a remastered version this month! With all the bells and whistles you could desire.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2018 at 1:23 AM, redambrosia said:

Good news! They're releasing a remastered version this month! With all the bells and whistles you could desire.

Been forever since I've seen DC & I don't have it on any home viewing item, so I'll have to pick this one up. 

Hrmmm... it seems I forgot to post that Hubby and I went to see Black Panther on Saturday. We loved it! I can't wait to see more of Shuri and her brother in the future :lol:

• Like 3

Did anyone else find Martin Freeman's weird American accent jarring? Like, it's just really weirded me out when he started talking. Also, his non-hobbity clothing, but that's aside.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Did anyone else find Martin Freeman's weird American accent jarring? Like, it's just really weirded me out when he started talking. Also, his non-hobbity clothing, but that's aside.

No, I found it AMAZING. The dialect work in that movie is really thorough.

Did you think it was weird for any reason other than because you knew it wasn't that actor's usual dialect? Because it seemed, to me, pretty spot-on for the character's background.

• Like 3