Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

On 3/10/2018 at 9:25 AM, Crowley said:

To Watch this weekend:

Blade Runner

Blade Runner 2022

Blade Runner 2048

Guardians of the Galaxy

So, do Androids dream of electric sheep?

The Auld Grump

Just finished Black Panther, and was a bit disappointed. Good movie, and enjoyed the action in the first 3/4 of the movie, but I think I was expecting more from all the hype.

• Like 2

Saw A Wrinkle In Time and Coco over the course of the weekend. I read Wrinke as an adult so I wasn't expecting much from the movie but I was in a room full of people who'd read and loved it as a child and their enthusiasm helped. Coco was much better, but man, the cosmology has some seriously elfed up implications.

I also rewatched Spectre for the first time on Friday and the first 2/3 were better than I'd remembered. The movie falls apart once Bond goes to meet with Blofeld in the desert. Christoph Waltz was criminally underused.

• Like 3

I reread "A Wrinkle in Time" recently, and I agree, while it is a pleasant enough read it didn't seem as special as I remember it being when I was young. Madeleine L'engle wrote a number of sequels that are... a bit odd. I shall probably wait to see the film on DVD.

Son came home for spring break on Saturday, and the three of us watched Thor and Coco over the weekend.  We all really enjoyed both movies.

• Like 1

Hubby and I purchased Thor: Ragnarok yesterday, then took it home to watch it. Enjoyed the featurettes, cut scenes, and blooper reel. And I just love the music from that film.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Hubby and I purchased Thor: Ragnarok yesterday, then took it home to watch it. Enjoyed the featurettes, cut scenes, and blooper reel. And I just love the music from that film.

Funnily enough, that’s what I watched last night as well! Very amused and enjoyed it a bunch. Loved how almost every character was just a bit awkward at times. Guess that’s anti-superhero irony being injected, but I thought it worked.

Probably will watch it again at the end of March, when it is my turn to foist a film of my choosing on the family.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Funnily enough, that’s what I watched last night as well! Very amused and enjoyed it a bunch. Loved how almost every character was just a bit awkward at times. Guess that’s anti-superhero irony being injected, but I thought it worked.

Probably will watch it again at the end of March, when it is my turn to foist a film of my choosing on the family.

I know some people don't like it cause they think the one-liners ruin the serious moments, but I felt like that was the point. It's mocking how serious the genre tends to take itself. Like, all the serious face, super eloquent speeches are ruined by ridiculous stuff (ball to the face, for example), and that's stuff that would happen for real! I mean, I don't know anyone who could say all that stuff without stuttering, stumbling, or otherwise doing something goofy. 

Obviously the actors couldn't, or there wouldn't be a blooper reel :lol:

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I know some people don't like it cause they think the one-liners ruin the serious moments, but I felt like that was the point. It's mocking how serious the genre tends to take itself. Like, all the serious face, super eloquent speeches are ruined by ridiculous stuff (ball to the face, for example), and that's stuff that would happen for real! I mean, I don't know anyone who could say all that stuff without stuttering, stumbling, or otherwise doing something goofy. 

Obviously the actors couldn't, or there wouldn't be a blooper reel :lol:

Yup! Just like the opening scene, which was hilarious for its simplicity in the humor.

From what I was reading on IMDb it sounds like a lot of the stuttering and awkward dialog was ad libbed, so basically they left the bloopers in. Worked well. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

BTW, Mr. Mouse took me to see Greatest Showman on Valentine's day. If you haven't seen it yet, you should (*generalized you*). It was fantastic! 

It's on my list...

We watched Inferno last night.  They need to stop making movies from Dan Brown's novels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Went to see The Greatest Showman this evening. Was disappointed that Jackman doesn't take his shirt off ONCE during the entire movie.  ::P: Other than that the film is fun, fast paced and very enjoyable for the entire family. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/11/2018 at 3:16 PM, TheAuldGrump said:
On 3/10/2018 at 9:25 AM, Crowley said:

To Watch this weekend:

Blade Runner

Blade Runner 2022

Blade Runner 2048

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Auld Grump

Well, I was a week off from when I actually got to watch it, but Blade Runner was pretty damned impressive. 

And at least according to the movie, they dream of unicorns... 

2048 tonight! 

• Like 1

On 11.3.2018 at 8:16 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Who knows? I mean ... the've seen things we people wouldn't believe.

9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

2048 tonight! 

All the best memories are hers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1