Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I have been tempted to rent this a couple times but, for the reason you pointed out (which I figured would be the case), I have continued to pass on it.

To be fair I have seen stupider.

• Like 1

Saw Solo last night.  It was an ok action movie.  This could be a spoiler, so stop if you haven't seen it.  

Spoiler

I was disappointed by how little content it had.  A quick bit of Han's youth, a single chance at opportunity, a love interest... lots of starters for great character development that go nowhere. I liked that we saw how he met Chewbacca, but in the end we learned very little about Han in those two hours.  And the whole robot thing just had me bored. 

• Like 1

Just watched Road to El Dorado. It's one of those movies I've meant to watch since forever...

And I mostly liked it, except for the whole... terribly shoehorned musical numbers that were overall clearly just a paycheck for Sir Elton. 

:unsure:

On the other hand, it really was a D&D session where the players could only rolla 1 or a 20. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Just watched Road to El Dorado. It's one of those movies I've meant to watch since forever...

And I mostly liked it, except for the whole... terribly shoehorned musical numbers that were overall clearly just a paycheck for Sir Elton. 

:unsure:

On the other hand, it really was a D&D session where the players could only rolla 1 or a 20. 

Agree. It was enjoyable except for the music. It's a good example of what happens when the bard and the thief go off on their own.

• Like 2

Babylon 5  can now be streamed on amazon prime. 

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Earth-Minbari War.

The Babylon Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens can work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers.

Humans andy aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal . . . all alone in the night.

It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace.

This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5.

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

26624499_0904_4_BD4_A512_CB9687_F4_EEE9.

The African Queen. It was okay and all. I was born too late for these sorts of movies, I guess. There're some actors I'll gladly watch chew the scenery for two hours and all, but back in the day it's like the game plan was just to roll out the stars and let them do their shtick around the thinnest plot possible. And they'd win Oscars for it! Just a bit too thin and dated-feeling for me.

• Like 1

Watched Blade Runner 2049, for a movie I found rather slow and boring it was oddly fascinating.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Earth-Minbari War.

The Babylon Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens can work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers.

Humans andy aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal . . . all alone in the night.

This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5.

Ooohhh.... This is exciting... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:
12 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

Ooohhh.... This is exciting... 

I've owned the complete series, movies and Crusade for years. I watch through the entire thing every couple of years.

• Like 4

Finally got to see Infinity Wars. Really liked it!

I can finally say that I didn't expect he/she/it to die/survive.

I like my villains smart and not utter megalomaniacs. I found this Thanos more interesting than the original comic book Thanos.

I can understand the opinion that this many characters leaves too little individual screen time for everyone.

As per usual, 90% of the crowd left before the end of the credits (mostly the people with kids). It's also one of the rare times where I see people who did stay until the very end be utterly confused because of their unfamiliarity with the teased character.

My usual annoyance is that Tony Stark's tech is just too fantastical. Sure nanotech, but come on!

• Like 2

Hubby and I watched Hotel Artemis on Monday. (I managed to not fall asleep, though in those reclining chairs it was a neat thing.) I enjoyed it, but then I enjoy the actors in it. It was a neat little tale of violence and grief.

• Like 1

Saw the trailer for the upcoming Dumbo movie.

It's so different stylistically from what I was expecting, it's made me much more curious about the movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I watched "Badass" last night and I must be warped as I found it very humorous. Nice work by Danny Trejo. 

On 6/9/2018 at 10:15 PM, Evilhalfling said:

I stumbled across this the other day.  This was my absolute favorite show back in the day, the golden age of syndicated TV.

Started watching season 1 again yesterday.  Sad how many of the cast have now passed. ::(:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Caught "The Man Who Invented Christmas" on Amazon Prime. Enjoyed it. Not sure the family would have tho, not being very familiar with the entire story that much.