Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hubby and I watched Bad Times at the El Royal. Not our usual sort of movie, but it looked good. Did not disappoint, excellent movie. 

It was fun to see Chris Hemsworth play a character outside his usual.

You had me at "Chris Hemsworth" :lol: The only one of his films that I've actively avoided is the one where he's hunting whales. I'm not encouraging that kind of nonsense.

We finally got out to see How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. It was a good ending to the trilogy, and I cried at one particularly emotional part because I'm a big softy -_-

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

We finally got out to see How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. It was a good ending to the trilogy, and I cried at one particularly emotional part because I'm a big softy -_-

You panicked me! Thought I’d missed the movie. Doesn’t open here until the 22nd.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

You panicked me! Thought I’d missed the movie. Doesn’t open here until the 22nd.

I did wonder why no one on the forum was talking about it :huh: It was released on the 1st here, probably to coincide with a long weekend for the schools. It's not often we get movies before the states.

Now all I have to do is try and convince my housemate that we need to get a Toothless costume for one of the cats....

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 2/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, Kuroneko said:

I did wonder why no one on the forum was talking about it :huh: It was released on the 1st here, probably to coincide with a long weekend for the schools. It's not often we get movies before the states.

Now all I have to do is try and convince my housemate that we need to get a Toothless costume for one of the cats....

Cat in a toothless costume :lol:. Especially yours!

I had a long plane ride (again) and was wandering through movies.  Wound up first with the catcher was a spy.  I thought it was going to be comic drivel but it really was an excellently done WWII spy film which actually gives me hope for the cinema industry.  They told a story! With background! And the characters felt real (okay it was based on reality but I've seen Hollywood mess that up before.)  Excellently done

I also finally saw Bohemian Rapsody and enjoyed that so far beyond what i thought i would that i am still in a bit of a daze.  For me it was a really powerful picture

Anyway, a real change from my usual fare and it looks like I may have to wander away from the sci fy and fantasy realm for a while...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I've just watched "First Reformed", on another crew members recommendation.

I really can't think when I've enjoyed a film less.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We saw How To Train Your Dragon 3 the other day, unfortunately I've never really paid much attention to the franchise before- meaning I'd completely missed that there was a second film and thought this was the second one! It didnt really effect my enjoyment of it- obviously a kids film its designed to be potentially viewed independently if needed it just left me wondering where a few characters had come from!

Last night we saw Happy Death Day 2 last night, which was a really fun film- with surprisingly a few almost tear jerking moments! I really enjoyed this film, I know it doesnt look like it's going to be a "classic" or well received from critics- but it's really fun and I'd absolutely recommend it if you're looking for something fun to watch!

Tonight there's a screening of The Favourite which I missed when it opened so I'm glad to get a chance to go see this again!

• Like 6

Randomly went to Youtube's homepage just now. On their free-to-watch (with ads) they have Masters of the Universe... yup, Dolph Lundgren, Frank Langella, and a young Courtney Cox. I don't care how bad people may say it is, I'm reliving my childhood today. Cuz I love me some He-Man.

Now, if only I can find the entire Beastmaster series...

• Like 6

On 1/8/2019 at 3:59 AM, redambrosia said:

Oh, I loved that show! The mounty guy was a great character. 

I found out earlier that the Russo brothers are saying Avengers 4 is going to be three hours long! I don't know if I'll be able to sit through the whole thing. Aquaman pushed me to my limit. 

They better put in an intermission.

That Mounty was nice-guy done SEXY!

On 1/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, Sanael said:

Pittsburgh is in soooo many movies and TV shows, not usually as itself. It's almost as good as Prague or Vancouver for games of "spot the city."

The second season of Stranger Things was shot, in part, in Pittsburgh... There's a building downtown that is, according to Agents of Shield, a HYDRA headquarters.

Whichever Batman it was with Bane is nearly all Pittsburgh, all the time. The football game that collapses was filmed in Heinz Field, and the Gotham Knights team was actually the Steelers. I often follow the route of one of the major chase scenes on my lunch break (incidentally; I like neither Batman nor that specific Batman movie enough to make any pilgrimages for them).

I met Jake Gyllenhaal years ago while he was filming Love and Other Drugs.

Several amusement park-oriented movies have been filmed at Kennywood park...

Never, EVER watch a movie with Grump where they use Boston as New York.

Just DON'T!

Though the new Ghostbusters was pretty lame all on its own. ::(: How did they manage to have WORSE special effects than the original?

On 1/28/2019 at 4:59 AM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

In a Lonely Place (1950) Humphry Bogart, Gloria Grahame 

Was on TCM earlier tonight. One of Bogart's best in my opinion and one of the rare occasions where the movie is superior to the book. The book wasn't all that bad, but the changes made definately improved the story. 

The first time I saw it years ago it stuck with me as Dix Steele's more unappealing charcteristics reminded me of myself in my early 20s. Since then having researched a bit more about it and learning of what was going on with Nicolas Ray the director who was married to and about to seperate from Gloria Grahame, added a whole new subtext to this last viewing. Not perhaps the best date movie, but a damn good one. 

Added to the LIST!

Bogart is growing on me.

• Like 2

The reason I was posting is Third Man rocks. I have the DVD playing as background while I pain.

And "that damned Zither Music" DOES get right into your head!

The hint in the opening of the radio show that Harry Lime faked his death AGAIN makes it all the better. Harry Lime is way to good a bad guy to just kill like that!

I should spoiler that, shouldn't I?

Now one of my favorite movies, and I don't know if it is because of or despite of the zither music. :lol:

• Like 1

They had Casablanca on the cruise ship one day. Man, that is one fantastic film.

• Like 4

I have purchased tickets to see captain marvel next Monday at 10am. Hopefully my bladder can make it through the whole thing. It will probably be the last movie I see in theater until after the baby comes. 

But, if things work out, I may have a babysitter for when we see Avengers 4. I don't want to bring a baby to a theater. But we've tentatively made friends with a couple and one of the girls is going to school to be a teacher for little kids. So she likes babies and knows how to take care of them. Hopefully things work out, because they're both really fun and nerdy.

• Like 10

On 3/3/2019 at 6:42 PM, Corsair said:

They had Casablanca on the cruise ship one day. Man, that is one fantastic film.

I think they had it on ours as we-WAAIIIT...

I fired up "Outlaw King" on Netflix last. I enjoyed it, though as some have already mentioned, it did take a few liberties here and there. (which I found out afterwards, did some light wikipedia-ing). I'd recommend it, though it has some pretty graphic scenes.

I even think Chris Pine's accent was decent; way more believable than Kate Beckinsale's Transylvanian accent in "Van Helsing".

• Like 3

On 2/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Crowley said:

Just got tickets to see Captain Marvel in a month... 

Tomorrow...

:bday:

• Like 3

Just back from a midnight showing of Captain Marvel ::D:

Can't give details, obviously, but it's AWESOME!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1