Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2198 posts in this topic

Gremlins - theater is showing this at the end of the month.  Our car is named after Gizmo so we have to see it

Gremlins is a Christmas Classic. Just like Die Hard.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
4 people like this

Gremlins - theater is showing this at the end of the month.  Our car is named after Gizmo so we have to see it

Gremlins is a Christmas Classic. Just like Die Hard.

Oh yeah, we were going to watch Gremlins too, but then it turned out we didn't have it -_-

Latest two:

Polar Express and Star Wars Episode V

Watching the Harry Potter movies for the first time ever.  Have to admit I'm a little disappointed; they seem kind of slow.

1 person likes this

Latest two:

Polar Express and Star Wars Episode V

I want a wampa in a santa hat, and a sleigh pulled by Tauntauns for Christmas

1 person likes this

Recently Watched:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - not a good movie, made me miss vanilla ice's ninja rap

At first I thought you were referring to the first TMNT movie, and I was going to be upset with you, because I love that one. And I love TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, famous for Vanilla Ice's musical interlude.

Then I realized you probably meant the most recent movie, which I have just Redboxed.

Wow. Nothing could make me ever want to watch that again. And I watched TMNT III: Turtles in Time more than once. As an adult. This movie is HORRID. It's a poor reimagining of the origin story, a poor reimagining of Shredder...nobody in this movie is competent. Shredder isn't scary, he's just dumb. Splinter isn't a respectable, if harsh, father figure; he's just a mean-spirited martinet (who learned ninjutsu from a picture book, of all things); and the turtles are just thugs with some flippy-moves.April is a terrible reporter and a generally uninteresting damsel in distress, and her friend (Will Arnett, I still have no idea what his name actually was) was completely idiotic. Will Arnett failed to make the movie watchable, and that's not usually true. When the only thing that comes close to making a movie watchable is Megan Fox in pleather pants, there's a problem (and it tells you Michael Bay was somehow involved). Blecch.

Folks, if you ever have a jonesing for contemporary turtles, go to your local comic shop and check out IDW's ongoing title. It's actually connected to the originators of the characters, and is one of the finest titles (in the superhero genre) on the racks.

1 person likes this

Michael Bay's movies seem to rely on explosions and T&A to cover for a serious lack of...well everything else. I enjoyed his first Transformers, because frankly it was exactly what I was expecting, a popcorn flick, but since I have not seen a single movie with his name attached to it that was worth seeing twice, and most where not even worth seeing once.

1 person likes this

Actually, going by your description, the Nickelodeon version of TMNT is better.

I admit that I've been watching it and despite bad reviews I still want to see the movie.

1 person likes this

I've been wanting to watch Guardians of the Galaxy on DirecTV Cinema, but my TiVo queue is 70% full so I've felt guilty about not watching that stuff first. Maybe I'll treat myself for X-Mas

Edited by Baphomet69

Frozen was watched by the kids today in the other room while adults talked and drank. Didn't stop "Let it go" from being stuck in most adults heads all night.

We left before Christmas Vacation was put on for the grown ups. I might put it on tomorrow for nostalgia sake.

1 person likes this

Watched The Santa Claus 3, I think it was, anyway the one with Jack Frost.

It was put on for the kids after the family dinner tonight, so of course I was watching it too.

Also and coincidentally. The big hit present with the kids tonight was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle van along with several TMNT action figures, including shredder.

It was the one set of toys all three kids spent the evening playing together with.

Well, these aren't movies, but we did something other than playing video games today, so I feel obligated to report on that :lol:

We (finally) watched the last three episodes of Agents of Shield (Holy hot tomatoes!). And Hubby finally got to introduce me to Pushing Daisies, which was fantastic and adorable. ^_^

But, Agents of Shield, holy moly! ::o:  ::o:  ::o: ::o:  :blink:  :wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:  :wow:  

2 people like this

I'm told that the in-laws will be screening The Ghost and Mr Chicken after we finish Christmas dinner.  My father in law is a Don Knotts enthusiast.  I've never seen him act in anything before, only seen him impersonated.  I'm bringing a book, just in case.

While painting today, I watched Muppet Christmas Carol for the first time in my adult life. I understand all the hype.

I also watched...something remarkably unremarkable..? And the third season of Californication. Duchovny stopped reminding me of Jeff Goldblum after the first season, mostly.

And yesterday after TMNT I watched "A Most Wanted Man," which was well-acted and very slow-moving, so let that review be whatever you think it might be. I enjoyed it well enough.