NomadZeke

Resolutionary Painting Challenge! Chatter/Info Thread

I like Keianna's idea from page 2.

(quote function doesn't play nice with the laptop I'm using...)

That's what I'm looking at...there's different ways to do such. The balance between actually challenging and killing motivation is a tough one...with the "consecutive weeks" theory in place, you could paint a total of 26 minis (every other week) and still count (again, swaps or whatever count too if you're painting) as do "shelf of shame" minis that were left partially painted...so hypothetically if you had 26 minis on your "shelf of shame" and painted one every other week it'd count fine.

Edit: page 4..huh...that's kinda impressive, IMO.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 3

I doubt I would be able to keep up as I only average about 20 minis and that is in a good year, unless I get an evening of quick speed paints done, but I rarely count those when tracking my year.

Just some food for thought maybe track it monthly rather than weekly as long as a participant paints x amounts of minis a month whether it is 4 or less. That way it may feel more attainable for more people. You can still have a WIP thread for each month if people want to share weekly and then a show off thread for what they did that month?

Feel free to completely ignore my opinion as this is your thing and it should make you happy.

• Like 7

Earlier stated speed paints would count as well :)

Would people favour a monthly quota instead of weekly?

Monthly would make it more likely I could participate. I'm often out to sea and without internet all week. I'm less likely to be out to sea and without internet all month - I should at least get a chance to upload once or twice in there.
  • Like 5

Monthly could work indeed. Have to post the work you have done in the month. Maybe take situations into account as RL does crop up and should take precedence over this. I also do want it to feel more encouraging than a demand to get x amount done. I know having a solid number that has to be done can seem intimidating when you are having trouble deciding how to do something.

• Like 6

I'm good with either, but I'm leaning more towards monthly. I have to travel for my job; some weeks it's hard to do more than eat sleep and work

• Like 6

I'm good with either, but I'm leaning more towards monthly. I have to travel for my job; some weeks it's hard to do more than eat sleep and work

I travel too, and unexpectedly at that.  I usually not got for a month at a time.  When I am I tend to bring painting stuff with me.

X minis a month sounds good to me.

• Like 4

So 4-5 per month, with 51 as a goal for the year? 

and perhaps a single monthly show-off thread.   I could post my best 4. (since my personal goal is 6)

this still sounds cool. 

• Like 5

Going to be amusing to see how many people neglect this all month long, and then RACE to cram in four minis on the 30th/31st... also, be interesting to see how many get sandbagged by February. ::D:

• Like 4

Going to be amusing to see how many people neglect this all month long, and then RACE to cram in four minis on the 30th/31st... also, be interesting to see how many get sandbagged by February. ::D:

Oooo, oooo, me, me!!!

• Like 5

I still don't think I'll get in on this. I may get 50-someodd minis done, but I work in fits and starts.

• Like 2