Painting looks nice!

The pic...crop it down smaller. A big ol' magnified pic is great for inspecting while you're painting, but too close and big for casual viewing on the web.

• Like 1

Flickr by yahoo also has easy to use cropping and resizing tools.

The eyes are fantastic. Do you know why he's covered in little white speckles? Have you spray sealed him? Or, perhaps, you were trying out Lazlo's granite technique nearby?

• Like 1

We have a terrible 'dust' problem in this current place. I'm 85% sure its not dust as in dead skin and tiny debris though because it gets all over everything in less than a day regardless of how clean I keep everything. I finished Bart two days ago, dusted him off before I took pictures and he still looks like that. I've started wrapping up my minis in plastic that I'm done painting and sealing them in an airtight container.

Were you dealing with children when you got the inspiration to paint this :zombie:

LOL

Perfect little monsters..

Laughed my butt off.

• Like 1

The Little Rotter looks TERRIFIC; your brushwork & color choices are SPLENDID...the skin tones & his eyes appeal to moi. GREAT WORK!

I can empathize with the dust problem...it's easy to see how civilizations wind up being buried. I've been storing my stuff in egg cartons...the organic eggs come in clear cartons for an easier time finding specific minis.

• Like 1

I can definitely sympathize about the constant battle against dust. Most of my finished minis go either in an ikea glass display cabinet or in a plastic bin if part of a tabletop army.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marineal
      Hey there! 
      I decided to hop back on the RPChallenge wagon! 
      These guys have been languishing on my desk, just in need of some touch-ups and basing. So I knocked those out, and I'm calling them done. They'll be fun to use as a marker or something. 
      I did a WIP on my blog, feel free to go check it out! I update there much more frequently than I post here. 
      Hope y'all enjoy them! C&c is always welcome! 

• By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

January and February 2019

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Finished - not perfect! Paint 4 minis from your 'shelf of shame."  A lot of our minis tend to end up there for a myraid of reasons - but a common one is 'can't get it to look just right" Don't get hung up on perfection - most models can be re-purchased again later

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      Bringing back a favorite for whatever absurd reason - Fingerpaint February! Paint a non-object/non-terrain miniature using only your own fingers. The exception is that priming and sealing may be done with a brush/airbrush/can/etc

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Since most of us are in the winter season, and appropriately chilly, take a nod to the Greyhawk setting and the Land of Black Ice. A region of the world covered in black-blue ice. This inhospitable land is often haunted by arctic terrors, black-skinned trolls, and blue-furred bugbears among others. Your challenge is to paint an arctic terror (bonus points if it's a black-skinned troll or blue-furred bugbear) based on this 'sheet of black-blue ice.' Crackle medium may be very helpful for this. The more inhospitable, dark and dreary, the better!

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone! Here's my latest and last Reaper Miniatures Bonesylvanian from the class of 2015. 01575, Olive the Vampire and Martini her Bat Familiar.
      This Metal exclusive model was sculpted by Gene Van Horne for Reaper Artist Conference 2015.

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hi again, everyone!  Okay, so I know I was promising a good WIP thread, but I managed to finish this adorable little chibi up so fast that it would not have made for a very good thread.  The next mini will be WIP material!

I actually started on this mini last ReaperCon, where I used her as a demonstration miniature for my chibi painting class, and I ended up liking the results enough that I actually came back to her after all these months (while waiting for some supplies to arrive for a bigger project!).  I simply love chibi minis, and the Reaper chibis are fantastic to work with!  Now I just eagerly await the upcoming release of the fantasy-themed Bones chibis!

Thanks a bunch for looking!!!
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's 01572, Maddie the Chibi Gorgon (Medusa), Special Edition Bonesylvanian Figure sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)