Sign in to follow this  
Maredudd

Paint for Factions

Hi Folks!

I will be picking up the Faction Colors that are being included as part of the CAV:SO KS but as those are not expected until the Summer, I was wondering what paints from those currently available you folks use.

Well, let's fold out the paint map and see.

9115 Ritterlich Blue

9122 Terran Khaki

9056 Templar Blue

That's what I see on my little chart from Reaper themselves. I've got it listed as the ones that I have, so some of these may be discontinued.

Thanks Pegazus,

I looked them up and then realized why I wasn't seeing them . . . the print is real small . . . :-)

Oh no problem. I did check and they are all available. I got the paints way before I knew what CAV was, and had always wondered what a Ritterlich was. Figured it was something German.

For my CAV, however, I'm painting them whatever color I feel like at the time. Seriously doubt I'll have anything resembling a cohesive squad. So far I've got a light green, a dark green, a tan, and the current WIP is blue.

• Like 1

Oh no problem. I did check and they are all available. I got the paints way before I knew what CAV was, and had always wondered what a Ritterlich was. Figured it was something German.

For my CAV, however, I'm painting them whatever color I feel like at the time. Seriously doubt I'll have anything resembling a cohesive squad. So far I've got a light green, a dark green, a tan, and the current WIP is blue.

It is something german, it means something is "knight like". Sort of like chivalrous.

Don't forget Rach Red!

...and wasn't there a Malvernis purple/grey?

Edited by Girot

Brilliant Greens triad for Jade Division (basecoated with Christmas Wreath), with P3 Pig Iron/Cold Steel accents.

Given how paint works in the CAV universe there really isn't anything "official".  I've got some basic ideas of what I'm gonna go for though.  Most of it has the right "feel" based on fluff but will more or less be original schemes.

Thanks for all the input folks! I've been racking my brain for what color scheme I want to use for my independent Force Group but will also do up some representative pieces in standard faction colors, what ever that means . . .  ::):

I am particularly fond of Black/White with Red accents, but then I have a completely different scheme for my Steampunk diorama of Blue/White with Yellow accents . . . although thinking about it you'd think steampunk would be brown and brass . . .  ::D:

We plan on putting out at some point a list of "official" parade color schemes for any canon units, probably with the faction book along with which reaper mini paint color that matches up with it.

• Like 7

We plan on putting out at some point a list of "official" parade color schemes for any canon units, probably with the faction book along with which reaper mini paint color that matches up with it.

That would be awesome!

Too bad I already painted my task forces... I tried to follow the colours hinted during the Kickstarter (Purple Malvernis and Blue Ritterlich), but I haven`t touched the Rachs yet. So a Canon paint scheme would be nice to follow

Ritterlich(+ Halberd)

post-13800-0-76615200-1422240143_thumb.jpg

Malvernis

post-13800-0-20622300-1422240139_thumb.jpg

• Like 11