Sign in to follow this  
Maredudd

Paint for Factions

That does it. I will never post a pic of one of my paint jobs!

The Rach'tator is awesome!

• Like 1

Posted this in the 'Show off' section but figured i'd drop it here too. My Red rach'tator!

GunzReaperRachDictator1_zpsa4c5da4c.jpg

GunzReaperRachDictator2_zps3e02565f.jpg

GunzReaperRachDictator3_zps3902dc31.jpg

-Gunz

Looks great!

I started a red Rach Dictator but after starting I wasn't happy with how it was coming out so I set it aside. I haven't painted since and last night I looked at my desk and realized that it actually looked pretty good. Now I'm ready to finish the details on it.

• Like 2

Just finished this bash up. Wanted to try a new scheme for a Ritter force.

GunzRazorpult1_zps8jqaw8tb.jpg

GunzRazorpult2_zpscw6tisua.jpg

GunzRazorpult3_zpsh3ih2xty.jpg

GunzRazorpult4_zpstqycezq9.jpg

-Gunz

Using an Airbrush to lay doen the base color, 2nd, and 3rd degree shading. Finished off with trim and highlights/details by hand.

-Gunz

• Like 1

I started a red Rach Dictator but after starting I wasn't happy with how it was coming out so I set it aside. I haven't painted since and last night I looked at my desk and realized that it actually looked pretty good. Now I'm ready to finish the details on it.

Look forward to seeing it! :D

-Gunz

• Like 1

Looks outstanding!!  Are you blending by hand or using an airbrush?

Using an Airbrush to lay down the base color, 2nd, and 3rd degree shading. Finished off with trim and highlights/details by hand.

-Gunz

• Like 2

Damn.  I need to get off my but and learn how to use one of those things.

• Like 1

I will say this because I was once in the same boat. I had an airbrush but it sat unused for years because I was perfectly happy taking the time to base coat by hand and add hours onto each mini (because I thinned my paints and did 2 even coats). Now, looking back on it how silly does that sound? :p Using an AB to lay doen my primary color in 2 or 3 shades takes MINUTES what doing by hand used to take hours of paintstaking panel shading. I have tripled my mini output since I started using one and, if I do say so myself, increased the quality of my end results greatly. All i'm saying is I look back and wonder why I didn't start using one sooner than I did.

Hands down the most valuable tool I have in my painting kit. There is a bit of a learning curve but that can only be expected when using any new bit of equipment for the first few times.

Get one, you will never regret it. :D

-Gunz

• Like 3

-1/2 hp central pneumatic airbrush compressor with built in regulator (the 'cheap' kind you find at harbor freight tools but it has served me well so far).

- Iwata HP-B Gravity feed (2 cc cup for easy cleaning and paint switching) that I got for fathers day. I have tried all the needle sizes but find I like the 0.3 mm best for general purposes like base coating and OSL.

- I picked up a dual airbrush holder that attaches right onto my compressor.

It's really very basic but it works for what I need it too.

-Gunz

• Like 2