Sign in to follow this  
Maredudd

Paint for Factions

I love your work, Mastergunz. I recently picked up an airbrush and I'm still getting the hang of it. At first I tried just watering down some of the fine art acrylic paint that I have but that really didn't work out very well. So now I'm picking up some actual AB paint and getting much better results. It helps that a guy I work with has been airbrushing since high school, at times professionally. So I've been getting some good tips from him. 

• Like 1

Posted this in the 'Show off' section but figured i'd drop it here too. My Red rach'tator!

GunzReaperRachDictator1_zpsa4c5da4c.jpg

GunzReaperRachDictator2_zps3e02565f.jpg

GunzReaperRachDictator3_zps3902dc31.jpg

-Gunz

I have question about your windshield. What are the three dots? I thought I read some where they are reflection marks but maybe I dont understand the theory/logic behind reflection marks and large vehicles. 

The 3 dots are a painting trick to represent an indeterminate light source and give the illusion of depth when placed opposite the main light reflection. We all know its a opaque 3d surface so the 'jeweling' makes it look like there is depth and something behind it or underneath. The 'gator has such an oddly shaped cockpit that it can be difficult to get it right, lol.

• Like 1

The 3 dots are a painting trick to represent an indeterminate light source and give the illusion of depth when placed opposite the main light reflection. We all know its a opaque 3d surface so the 'jeweling' makes it look like there is depth and something behind it or underneath. The 'gator has such an oddly shaped cockpit that it can be difficult to get it right, lol.

And I understand the jeweling effect but I guess my brain just doesn't see it. It just looks like three random dots would anyone happen to have another example of this or a real world example of a jeweling effect like this?

At first I thought, "... is the Predator trying to lock onto the pilot(s)?" But that is foolishness his sights are red or green. LOL. 

On January 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM, CAVBOSS said:

We plan on putting out at some point a list of "official" parade color schemes for any canon units, probably with the faction book along with which reaper mini paint color that matches up with it.

Has this happened? I can't find it anywhere and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CitizenCane said:

Has this happened? I can't find it anywhere and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't believe it has but you can message @Savage Coyote and @Mastergunz I think they are painting some official paint schemes. You might be able to get them to share pics of their work.

Here is a link to one such post.

J--

• Thanks 1