Pingo

"Shakespeare Summarized" kid tackles classics of world mythology & literature

So, my eldest, who had such fun making the funny and erudite "Shakespeare Summarized" videos in high school, is now in college, and while time is short, has still managed to tackle the Greek classics that she is studying. I am obviously biased, but I think they are fun and educational.

, is the longest, at 11 minutes, and is completely hand-drawn owing to there being no suitable available movie footage.

The "Shakespeare Summarized" series remains on Youtube to educate and amuse. Edited by Pingo
  • Like 17

Congratulations, you made me nearly die of laughter.

Like literally, I'm in the hospital right now. Almost dead. Thanks a lot.

I will be sending my bill in the mail. Put $500 inside of an envelope and discreetly meet with a man name Pepe at your local Wal Mart dark alley. He will deliver the money to me in full.

I will be waiting. These hospital bills won't pay themselves.

• Like 5

The Iliad is really good! The custom art is great. I hope your very talented daughter gives the Odyssey the same awesome treatment!

• Like 3

Here is the link to the entire "Shakespeare Summarized" playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDb22nlVXGgdPqE7Hs4F2oI7GBTmLhh7k

(I'm about to go and watch the Patrick Stewart "Macbeth" one. Brrr!)

The Iliad is really good! The custom art is great. I hope your very talented daughter gives the Odyssey the same awesome treatment!

I saw a reference to "Troy Story 2", so here's hoping.

• Like 2

I watched most everything currently posted. They are well done! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Great scott. I just noticed that kid's review of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" ("At last!  It's not a tragedy!") has over 11,000 views.  That's like two orders of magnitude over her other videos.  Something must have happened there ...

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 5

what happned is the kid's review of "the Tempest" is so epic it got shared, like a lot, because it was awesome. Not like The Scottish Play, which was like even more disturbing than the original, and somehow the commentary made it even more creepy

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 3

Troy Story <_<::D:

It makes so much more sense with chibi characters!

Have you or your eldest come across the hypothesis that Troy=Atlantis?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

She's pretty awesome. She could market them as a video alternative to Sparknotes. In the current smart phone, tablet, e reader age we live in I'd bet they'd sell like crazy.

• Like 4