Pingo

"Shakespeare Summarized" kid tackles classics of world mythology & literature

Honestly, I hated Frankenstein (both the book, and Victor, but mostly Victor) but her summary was well done, and covers all the reasons why I hate it so very well.

• Like 1

I remember a short biography of chemist, anatomist, and Galvinist Johan Dippel - that people did not much remember him, but did remember where he did his experiments - at a castle named Frankenstein....

The Auld Grump - oddly, the main subject of the book was Emmanuel Swedenborg.

This is one of my favorite comments ever on their channel (It’s on Blue’s new How To Survive Finals Week video):

My 14-year old came home from school last week and told me she had to do a project on the Odyssey, which, thanks to you guys, she'd already read before it was assigned in class (She also read the first volume of Journey to the West. Out loud. To her ten year-old sister. Are you people magic?)

Even better? She was able to get her teacher to agree to a graphic novel project... as long as it was at least seven panels long. Cue maniacal laughter. "Seven panels won't even get us to the Helios herds, Mom!"

Yeah, she's got this. And it's at least partially because of you and your inspiration--thanks!

6 hours ago115

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Judging from the sweet singing and guitar playing coming out of her room, College Kid has found a good song for the end credits of her upcoming Hanukkah video.

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed these videos.  But wow, does Red ever talk fast. I find myself a bit* exhausted after watching some of the longer presentations. But then I am getting old. Does she talk that fast normally or is there some weird effect from video file compression at play?

*Can one being only a "bit" exhausted? The term seems kinda all or nothing, at least in the context of people.

35 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

I have really enjoyed these videos.  But wow, does Red ever talk fast. I find myself a bit* exhausted after watching some of the longer presentations. But then I am getting old. Does she talk that fast normally or is there some weird effect from video file compression at play?

*Can one being only a "bit" exhausted? The term seems kinda all or nothing, at least in the context of people.

She does talk that fast. She has also edited some of the pauses out.

Her father’s side of the family is from Manhattan... :rolleyes:

For what it’s worth, people in the comments have mentioned this too, especially people for whom English is not their first language.

Me, I’m pausing all the time to read the jokes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

For what it’s worth, people in the comments have mentioned this too, especially people for whom English is not their first language.

I'm more than happy to concede that all of her good qualities come from you, and all the problematic ones come from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, Pingo said:

Even Blue comments on how fast she talks....

Wow...5,00 subscribers.... That was how many milestones ago?

The Auld Grump

• Haha 2