Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pingo

"Shakespeare Summarized" kid tackles classics of world mythology & literature

135 posts in this topic

Okay, my eldest has been weirded out by this but their subscribers and views have been steadily climbing all month.  Their 20,000 subscriber special new trailer video was only a few months ago, and they just released a new special one for 50,000 subscribers!  (It was going to be for 30,000, then 40,000, but the numbers kept climbing while they were editing the thing.)

No idea why, but it's real cool.

Anyhow, "Red" and "Blue" read poetry:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6rzNZxZnw

5 people like this

Uhhhh ... and almost exactly one month later their subscribers just hit 100,000. :blink:  

Red was in Wyoming until Monday chiseling dinosaur bones out from under a mountain (seriously, that scapula was as big as she was!), so she only just uploaded the new video, another live action Q&A for their viewers.

This one is so long, she started uploading it before dinner last night and it hadn't finished by breakfast this morning.  I've been checking all morning to see if it's up yet.  I hope people enjoy it - haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRY2Pt8EFQ

7 people like this

Red is my hero, just so you know. I want to be just like her when if i grow up.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Uhhhh ... and almost exactly one month later their subscribers just hit 100,000. :blink:  

Red was in Wyoming until Monday chiseling dinosaur bones out from under a mountain (seriously, that scapula was as big as she was!), so she only just uploaded the new video, another live action Q&A for their viewers.

This one is so long, she started uploading it before dinner last night and it hadn't finished by breakfast this morning.  I've been checking all morning to see if it's up yet.  I hope people enjoy it - haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRY2Pt8EFQ

Subscriber numbers are exponential. Each new sub turns their group of friends on to the channel, and that leads to an ever expanding circle. This is not unlike the phenomena of a kickstarter project getting bigger *because it is getting bigger*. 

7 people like this

with Red and Blue, I personally saw what Bryan is talking about. I showed a few literary friends, they loved it and showed a few colleagues and boom, just because of how much I liked it, anywhere from a half dozen, to quite possibly well over a hundred new viewers 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

with Red and Blue, I personally saw what Bryan is talking about. I showed a few literary friends, they loved it and showed a few colleagues and boom, just because of how much I liked it, anywhere from a half dozen, to quite possibly well over a hundred new viewers 

and if each of those new viewers turned on just 2 more, it would double. 

This is how viral happens.

4 people like this

Just now, David Brawley said:

I though that was @buglips*the*goblin?

You're thinking "epidemic"

8 people like this

Best videos ever! Thanks for the intro to this channel. I haven't stopped laughing.

5 people like this

African myth!  The Mwindo Epic.

(A funny story.  While she was telling me about researching this, she sighed to me that the volume was only available fro the library for a few hours at a time. I looked at her and said "Why didn't you borrow our copy?")

5 people like this

I just found out that one of my coworkers is a fan of Overly Sarcastic - I was able to tell him that I know, or at least annoy, Red's mom online. ::P:

The Auld Grump

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I just found out that one of my coworkers is a fan of Overly Sarcastic - I was able to tell him that I know, or at least annoy, Red's mom online. ::P:

The Auld Grump

^_^ Neat!

(How did you find out he was a fan?)

2 minutes ago, Pingo said:

^_^ Neat!

(How did you find out he was a fan?)

We were talking about Of Mice and Men - he had never realized that the Lenny & George in Bugs Bunny was based on Of Mice and Men, even though he has read the book - which reminded me of the Of Mice & Men episode, so I asked if he had ever heard of Sarcastic Productions - and he had! (And loves it.)

The old Looney Toons were amazingly literate - but sometimes the context has been lost... Folks that think Nimrod means 'idiot', because Bugs Bunny says of Elmer Fudd 'what a Nimrod' - never realizing that it is a biblical reference to Nimrod - the mighty hunter....

Heck, there might be a show in just that.

The Auld Grump

3 people like this

I've also shared this with colleagues at work. Who show it in training classes to relax, who then show it to their friends and etc. @_@ no office memes have been made yet, but there are fans here too.

4 people like this