So, life is crazy right now, but I painted this guy. I haven't had a chance to get good pictures yet. So, these are what we have to deal with. ;-) I was practicing ageing, I wanted him to look like he had been there for a while. Let me know what you think!

Updated photos... in hindsight, I think the fletchings should have probably been done a different color than green... 

post-13797-0-80315600-1422078238_thumb.jpg

post-13797-0-16434900-1422078255_thumb.jpg

post-13797-0-30597900-1422078261_thumb.jpg

post-13797-0-88526500-1422078265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 18

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure what im looking at.

Going by thread title and description, mainly, and extremities sticking out, I assume it's a corpse.

Under that assumption, it looks really good, though I really think better pics are in order...

*edit* upon further examination and being more sure I'm right on what it is, I like it! Looks like he's being absorbed into the ground cover!

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Like 2

I like the ageing effect you have going on.  Personally though, I think the body is too obscured by it.  A little bit less might get a better results at this scale.

• Like 2

I will definitely take better pictures tonight. I may even pull some of the leaf litter off of him if it is still obscuring him too much.

I used some secret weapon leaf litter, and some of the Army Painter Ivy. I used typhus corrosion on the armor to make it rough looking. :)

• Like 3

I just picked up some Secret Weapon washes. I'll have to look at their other offerings! thanks!

And though I'm not too happy with Army Painter primer on Bones, I do love their...foliage?

• Like 2

Spice cupboard for the win!!

The foliage looks great, it's just a little too much for this piece, IMO. Since he's been freshly killed, he shouldn't have that much stuff all over him. If he were a skeleton, or otherwise obviously long dead, it'd work a lot better.

That's just my .02 of course.

• Like 2

Hah! I haven't gotten to paint in DAYS because of work! I was desperate! I needed a fix! 

Not to mention I had to fix all of those other posts!

I will update with better pictures around 2300 when I get home from work. :P

Chaoswolf, I wanted him to look like he had been dead for a while, that's why he's rusted.

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 5

Excuse me a moment while I try to remove my foot from my mouth....

Ok, better.

In that case, I think you've done an excellent job. Looking back at the pictures, I can see what you were going for. Nice work.

• Like 2