• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      Dark Heaven Legends Thelgar Halfblood 03197 converted using greenstuff and warhammer bits. Painted and used as a pc in my dnd campaign :D

• By dks
      This is a conversion of the dark elf figure Aundine (14089 in the Warlord line) to represent my latest Pathfinder character, a changeling (orphan of a sea hag mother and a human father) with water-related magic and some rogue abilities.
      You can see the WIP thread here.
      I spent about 6 hours on prep & conversion & basing, and about 5 hours priming & painting.
      This will be a literal "tabletop mini", so I didn't spend the time to get very smooth blends, but it is still much more than a speedpaint.  I took especial care on the face and had fun with her shiny "eelskin" armor. 

Would anyone like to know how I would judge this as an entry in ReaperCon's MSP Open painting contest, in either the Painters Division or the Open Division?

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By dks
      This is the miniature for my character in my current home game, the "Ruins of Azlant" Pathfinder Adventure Path. 
      My character is a changeling (child of a sea hag), a spellcaster with an affinity for water and also some rogue abilities. 
      She presented herself as a human rogue for the first few sessions, but couldn't keep the secret forever.
      We have finished 2 of the 6 books, playing about twice a month.  I was using an elf mini from my collection as a stand-in, but I knew I wanted to paint a mini specific to the character.

She wears a suit of magical eelskin leather armor (which we recently found in the game); her main weapons are a longspear, a crossbow, and her claws.
      I searched through the Reaper catalog and I remembered how much I liked this dark elf from the Warlord line (14089 Aundine), though I had never painted one:

So I made a few changes:
      - cut off the pointy right ear and resculpted hair over it
      - cut away hair from left side of face and resculpted face and hair
      - removed sword, drilled a hole through right hand, added a spear:
         - spearhead/blade from 03466 Taladise elf huntress
         - shaft made from the wire of a Chinese food take-out container
         - wrapping and end-cap sculpted from Green Stuff
      - removed left hand and weapon, replaced with claw-hand from 03337 Terezinya, attached left arm to body at a higher angle than shown in the catalog example
      - cut right foot off of tab and straightened foot
      - added goggles with Green Stuff

Here was the result of those conversions:

More to come!
      Derek (DKS)

• By Kharsin
      So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World 

Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.

Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.

Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!

-K

P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight 
    • By Ironhammer
      So, after indulging in the metal trade at Reapercon this year I found myself going through my stores of salvaged miniatures and putting together various bits and pieces.  I tend to save a lot of scraps and fragments of figures in my spare parts bin (or drawer, rather) which I think may be useful for something someday or other, and after pouring the lot of it out and sifting through it I realized that I have accumulated an awful lot of this sort of thing, and it was high time I did something with it.

After messing around and experimenting for a couple of hours I came away with a promising assortment of parts, enough to assemble three or four female figures in all.  I thought it would be fun to make a WIP out them (hopefully it will help keep me motivated to finish all four of them).  Most of the parts are from Reaper figures (I'll try to list the catalog numbers), but there are a few other bits and pieces in between, which I'll try to identify as best I can.

First off, I've got one of the alternate torsos from the 03096 Pegasus rider.  This matched up really well with a random set of legs I had lying around, which I think once belong to a steampunk-ish figure.  Digging around in my stores of weapons I found the original shield that went with the torso. 

Next up, I have the upper torso from the 03631 Sea Elf Bard, which marries up surprisingly well with the legs from the alien pole dancer from 50270.  In particular, by using a hobby knife to carefully separate the thighs of the legs I was able to get a pretty dynamic looking pose (DISCLAIMER:  In the picture it looks a bit like she has some camel toe going on, which is an artifact left over from the incision I made to separate the legs.  That being said, I have nonetheless linked the picture to comply with forum rules on nudity).

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironhammer/media/20180904_012314 2_zpsaxgvp2ma.jpg.html?filters[user]=145063139&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

Lastly for now, I've got the torso from the 03459 Angel of Justice.  With a bit of judicious trimming, it marries up almost perfectly with the legs from 03336 Cancer from the Children of the Zodiac series.  Pictures are linked below due to nudity on the angel model.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironhammer/media/20180903_230715 2_zpscmiiqn4i.jpg.html?filters[user]=145063139&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

I started out with the angel of justice mashup.  The original figure was drilled for wings, and since I was already starting to get kind of a supernatural vibe from the figure I dug around my spares bin for something wing-ish to put there.  I ended up with a pair of fairy wings.  I then looked for something suitable to put in her hand where the original sword was, and after a bit of experimentation I decided that another sword is kind of looked the best.  As before, images containing nudity are linked separately below.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironhammer/media/20180904_011843 2_zpscgmugyiq.jpg.html?filters[user]=145063139&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Whatever she is, she's got a very triumphant look about her (a couple people I showed her to said she looked a bit like the Statue of Liberty).  As such, I have dubbed her The Fairy of Victory.  I have no idea what a Fairy of Victory does, but I'm quite sure its suitably magnificent.
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)