Sign in to follow this  
robinh

Koya Mvashti 60187

I like all the colors! Only comment is to watch your lines, your pink kind of flowed into your orange. Maybe hit your paintbrush on your napkin before putting it to the mini. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Your style is very different than mine And so its hard for me to comment, i would like to see deeper shadows and more definition between parts of the mini.

• Like 2

I love the bright, bright colors. She looks like a circus person with a secret sorrow.

If I were painting this figure, I would take a muted transparent dark blue and glaze in some gentle shadows in the wrinkles of her garments and where one garment overlaps another.

• Like 2

The colors definitely make me think of the original artwork, but I'd love to see some freehand patterns!!

• Like 1

I like all the colors! Only comment is to watch your lines, your pink kind of flowed into your orange. Maybe hit your paintbrush on your napkin before putting it to the mini. Keep up the good work!

I see that after I posted the pictures...   curse that camera...  I will be taking the feedback from the group and adjusting a few things including not thinning my paint so much that it bled over to the skirt

Your style is very different than mine And so its hard for me to comment, i would like to see deeper shadows and more definition between parts of the mini.

I love the bright, bright colors. She looks like a circus person with a secret sorrow.

If I were painting this figure, I would take a muted transparent dark blue and glaze in some gentle shadows in the wrinkles of her garments and where one garment overlaps another.

Dontfear/pingo

I agree... One of my earlier attempts had the dark shadow which I then proceed to wash out as I built up the new colors.   I think pingo is right and I will try to bring back the sahdows using a dark blue glaze after cleaning up some of my lines

The colors definitely make me think of the original artwork, but I'd love to see some freehand patterns!!

I have not tried freehand yet but I might attempt some on my next mini. Preferably something with less wrinkles and maybe a bit more forgiving.

• Like 2

I like the face on this one, very expressive...in a non-expressive way. That made sense in my head.

I am sure it did ..... Scary thing is i understood it. Thanks cash

• Like 2

Very nice, I like her bright colors! One more suggestion, to add definition to her eyes add a thin line of the darkest skin tone or a dark brown. The technique can be found here http://www.reapermini.com/Thecraft/12

The tutorial calls for doing that before painting the rest of the face, but with a steady hand you should be able to get the line on there.

She is loverly. Well done

• Like 2

Very colorful robinh, nice to see your work as always

• Like 1

That's a nice colorful mini Robinh.

Since everyone else has focused on painting, I'll make one quick little suggestion on the preparation.  The uppermost point of her weapon appears to have a bulge on the side, and the outermost point appears to have impacted something.  A few minutes with a hobby knife or file can give your weapons a nice clean edge, and you can add battle damage if you want.

• Like 2

Nice to see her as a younger character!

Joyously colorful; I like your rendition.

Keep sharing!

Thanks,

Derek (Schubert)

• Like 1

Very nice. The paintjob makes me think gypsy. I'm unfamiliar with the actual character, is that what she's supposed to be?

• Like 1