Sign in to follow this  
Draxism

77157: Griffon

Seconding uber on the spots, this looks great the grey works very well ;)

• Like 2

I love this coloration and the ... I don't quite know what to call it ... gritty quality of the painting. It looks like a Renaissance woodcut that's been colored in.

• Like 2

Great job!  the spotted feline is a really nice change.  The osprey work on the wings is also really a good job!  Overall the effect is a nice smooth integration from beak to tail. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, now that the contest is over, here are some pictures of entry in Reaper's Painting Contest #8. Congrats to the winners and all those who participated. I can't wait to see the next model selection. The model is 77364, Angel of Shadows and it's mounted on a 77247, Pillar of Evil both sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The last picture was my entry in the contest, I managed to finish second.

I entitled my entry the Angel of Hope. I removed the sword she was holding in here right hand and I carved her finger as if she's pointing the way for the lost souls so they will to turn back to the light.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is a Bear Rider Command (Bear only) that was produced by Grenadier in 1995. My friend had this miniature for a long time and the original Standard bearer Dwarf rider was nowhere to be found. This model was sculpted by Sandra Garrity and Reaper have an alternate version of it under the name 02294, Thorondil of Kragmarr.

• By Metalchaos
      Here is a 77437, Winter Wolf I painted in black to make it look like it's a Worg for the purpose of my D&D campaign. This model was sculpted by Sandra Garrity and I mounted on a 25 x 50mm base.          
    • By Metalchaos
      Here are two groups of vermin I had the pleasure to throw at the players last weekend. 03394, Rat Swarm sculpted by Sandra Garrity.
      These are pewter version of the model and I mounted them on 25mm base.

• By ChanSeal
      Dug up an old mini by Sandra Garrity, which, according to my database, I bought over 10 years ago.
      I don’t know which is sadder, that I actually made a database of my unpainted minis or that I still have 188 unpainted ones (and these are just the Reaper ones!).
      Wanted to give her a roguishly, confident face and I’m pleased with how it turned out.
      As for her clothes, after reading Rhonda Bender’s articles, I think I need more contrast.
      Base made from air-dry clay.

Thanks for looking.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)