Sign in to follow this  
Jessie

77067: Virina, Female Demon

Just finished my last mini for January. Virina, the not-succubus. I think based on the nudity I need to link to her. So follow the links to her.

front

back

There's a bit of weirdness that seems to be happening around her rib cage on the sculpt that I just couldn't figure out so that's just painted skin tone. Not super proud of her skin, looks a little uneven and chalky. But for tabletop from a little ways a way it's not terrible. Happy with her hair. I'll take any suggestions to how to avoid whatever I did wrong with her skin. I mean, I think part of the goofy is the sculpt, but definitely a lot of it is poor technique. Appreciate feedback.

• Like 9

Very nice. I like how you've blended her legs. Nice job on the skin tone, hair and horns. She could use some more contrast overall. Other than that I really like what you've done with her.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      After painting the Bonesylvanians Lon figure to look like my girlfriend's dog Erebus, I decided my dog Cadbury deserves the same treatment.

He's wearing purple trousers because Cadbury chocolate comes in purple wrappers. I don't know why I did the belt in orange though. And please ignore the crappy job on the base.

Here he is in real life:

• By Sarducci
      Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

• By Morihalda
      Whoo! I primed these all last month after ReaperCon. And then they just sat there while I finished other stuff. But now my desk is clear and I'm ready for more art!

I am solidly in the "paint a solid color on the mini with a little shadow and highlight because I wanna play or sculpt" category. I also feel like I could have given my most recent sculpt a lot more love simply by not just painting her all the same shade of brown, haha!

So I've gathered up my paint, a handful of bones minis, my notes from Rhonda, Derek, and Erin, and now it's time to learn how to paint skin! I'm really excited to try out different expressions, skintones, and lighting. I went ahead and primed them so if we need them for any games, they won't have blinding white clothes on. I'm not certain on all the names, but all except maybe 1 or 2 of these were from my Bones III Kickstarter order.

I don't want to get pinged for nudity, so I gave this dryad a cute little Space Age dress in case she accidentally gets in the frame while I'm working on other pieces.

I'm pretty pleased with it. ;)
    • By Adrift
      Friends! Here are 23 additional figures I painted in September. The results are largely for tabletop, or slightly better than tabletop quality.

The Dreadmere Hunter was a free miniature at ReaperCon...I hated it but got it for my son, he loved it and his little 8-year-old heart decided that it was to be his DND ranger 
      I also painted the Barrel Mimic which Galladoria Games gave away as a new attendee this year. I painted a DGS miniature named Jhenkar (a small version of the Neverending Story dragon). I also painted two Red Box Games miniatures, Derek the Dim and Hvitarnor (first time doing a 5-o'clock shadow). Lots of experimenting with TMM and NMM. Just having fun, trying things and enjoying making progress...

• By WhiteWulfe
      They say every army needs it's centerpiece, it's keystone...  It's.... Leader.  Many have glorious names, that warriors will flock to battle under, to defend some sort of principle, moral code, or... Other stuff.

Not this one.  Nope, not him, a warlord who doesn't even bother with a name.  Some say his name was lost to the ages, others say that anyone who dares utter his name winds up meeting an untimely fate.  All that is known, is that the murderous mutant rats under his command are some of the most bloodthirsty out there, and they all speak with a hushed reverence for some critter that's simply known as "Steve", most without realizing Steve is the impaled skull on the warlord's shoulder...

Two things are well known though...  He, and his forces are typically only known by their actions, namely that any town or outpost that they attack, there are no survivors left behind, and an absolutely bloody amount of carnage is left in his wake..

^Originally tried to just use the box art behind him, and keep things relatively tidy, but I was having trouble with my mobile phone's camera hunting for focus, and so after a few attempts I wound up switching to a plain white sheet of paper.  Putting these two up though because a)I like them, and b)the colours turned out fairly close to how the mini is in the real world, at least to my eyes.

This is the first character mini for my "Unrelenting Tide" Skaven army...  Comprised of a combination of the 25th Anniversary Warhammer Fantasy Battles Skaven boxed army set and the Island of Blood miniatures, this is the first miniature I've tried to go further than just tabletop with, and saw what I'll describe as mixed results.  While I did want to try certain techniques such as OSL, I decided as I was going on to simply work on basics such as lining.  Now yes, I could have gone a few more layers on the flames, and especially his lower half, I wound up calling him "done" due to a few things, but mostly because I'd repainted certain parts three or four times and it was getting to the point where I just wanted him finished.  Oddly enough, thanks to some things on him and other minis I'm still working on, I was able to come up with a colour scheme that seemed to just... "click" and work for him.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)