ShadowRaven

Rise of the Runelords.

Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Anniversery Edition. Copyright Paizo publishing

This is going to be the dedicated game thread. All in game activity and roleplay will be conducted here.  Major Out of Character (OOC) will be kept to the recruitment page to avoid confusion. 

• Like 4

For five years, the faithful of Sandpoint have attended church in temporary structures erected after fire destroyed the previous temple, and while their new religious leader was helpful, kind, and wise, church wasn't the same. Now, the new cathedral is finally done. All that remains is the swallowtail festival to renew the sites blessing from the Gods and it will be as if the Sandpoint fire had never occured.

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled,on the Autumnal Equinox. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive,and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts , and souvenirs are there to meet them. The crowd gathered for the welcoming speeches is quit respectable. The Lady Mayor leading it off with enthusiastic, and contagious cheer and good humor. Teasing the local tanner about finally making some time to have some fun. Even the Sheriff's more dour and cautioning welcome, with it's reminders to be safe especially around the night's bonfire, not hardly dampening the mood. One of the scheduled speakers, a local noble by the name of Lonjiku Kaijutsu seemed to have dropped out due to 'sudden illness' but the murmur of the crowd makes it seem that there was nothing sudden about it, and that he simply wished to avoid the festival and frivolity. Taking up the open gap in the speach giving however was the resident playhouse owner. A cheerful and boistrous storyteller, who in a short order brought the mood back to full with a rousing, and not-completle-irreverant recap of the fire and the long process of rebuilding. Followed of course by self promotion and promotion of The Sandpoint Theatre's newest production, a play titled 'The Harpy's Curse' with something of a surprise as the lead roll is to be played by a famous Diva from Magnimar named Allishanda.  At last the temple priest makes his welcoming speach, followed by a short blessing upon the fair and the crowds, and with that the Festival was open.

All about there are sites and sounds, games of chance and skill to be played, drinks to be had, and items of all sorts to be browsed and purchased. Refreshments seem to be of the liquid form only, but for anyone new to the town, the reason for that can be had at the asking from any adult or child.
  • Like 2

Nyx keeps her hood pulled low in nervousness. Her run in with the local elves made her very aware that not all would welcome her with her dark skin. Besides the bright sunlight hurt her eyes and so it felt better with her eyes in shadow, only a little bit though. SHe still looked around in amazement even as she used her gloved hands to keep the hood in place.

She also though keeps a sharp eye on her surroundings as her past taught her to not trust everyone around her. She shook her head slightly to clear those. Still a smile tugged at her lips and was reflected in her golden eyes. Her cloak clasp is that of a blue butterfly

• Like 1

Galen will walk casually about.  Any more gruff or grizzled folk, like veterans or guardsman, he'll ask about rumors/information about giants in the area.

He'll take a particular interest in the food and drink, wondering why it is that there exists more liquid than food based refreshment.  "After living off the wild for a few months, I'm aching for some good home-cooked food...know where I can find some?"  He'll ask a few passers-by.

Galen listens intently to the speakers, wondering if there will be some clues in the tragedy which befell this area as to the whereabouts of the giants he is hunting for revenge.

Galen would also like to participate in any games of strength or nimbleness, to unwind and have a good time. 

• Like 1

The Answer Galen would quickly and cheerfully receive is that after the centerpiece of the festival at noon, the local inns where putting on an extensive, and above all, free, lunch. Which would, of course showcase their best dishes, and serve as something of a competition between them.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Free lunch sounds good. Nyx will make her way there curious about what sort of foods will be served. She looks curious still about everything. At her heels a wolf trots obviously sticking close to her side. He does take the time to sniff the ground and air around him. Occasionally he grabs a piece of meat someone drops with great relish. He has dark gray fur and though out of place in the middle of a town festival seems to be quite calm about the noise and bustle of the people.

Kehrgl, after hearing so much about the Swallowtail Festival, is excited to have arrived in Sandpoint for the big events. She pushes merrily and lithely into the crowd, splitting through groups of people and chatting here and there with individuals already in conversation--sometimes even on the same subject as them. She is oblivious to or unworried about the surprised and sometimes irritated looks she receives; it's difficult to tell which. She swishes her tail and moves along, temporarily becomes involved in a game of tag with a group of children. She hisses and growls, laughs and dodges, is tagged and chases, pretends she cannot catch her rivals. She finally gooses a little boy on the bottom and dashes away, deeper into the festivities.

Her nose twitches, the strong scent of meat caught in her nostrils. Kehgrl follows the smell to the area where great amounts of food is to be prepared and served. From the crowd around her she hears words such as food and free and starving. Her stomach rumbles. Her feline ears lower, and she grins slyly. She stops a young man, a worker for one of the inns it appears, as he runs past her.

"I am told there is a lunch," she says with a smile and a purr. "Please, tell me more."

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 1

"Lunch will be served after the release of Desna's children at noon" The young man said with a chuckle. Obviously this is not the first time he's been questioned about it today. "and not to worry, there will be plenty for everyone"

• Like 1

"This is a rare opportunity for you Basil! With all these decorations, and entertainers and merrymakers, you'll fit right in."

Havllan continued to comb Basil's fur at his insistence. "More!" And finished by putting Basil's scented "collar". A fine Varisian silk scarf with small metal container in which Basil kept the fragrant spices he loved so much.

"Let's head out and introduce ourselves to Sandpoint!"

Though Havllan was a himself known to be a handsome lad, Basil was the true head turner. He looked like a mix of a bear's body, a squirrel or chipmunk's long toed legs, and a semi-canine head with droopy eyes and a sweet smell from his collar.  [Diplomacy 1d20+14 = 6+14 = 20! People like him]

• Like 2

Oroureh flitted through the crowd, barely pausing at one sight before moving onto the next. So much to see and hear and smell and taste! A hooded woman with a wolf, some form of chocolate wine, a merchant selling relics from Mendev, a catfolk woman playing tag with some human children, was... was that man throwing a fish?

"Miss, try your hand at the ring toss? A fine cheese wheel to the winner!" a round-faced man called out

She backed away nervously, shaking her head even as she cursed her shyness. She was meant to be a bard, a fine singer, yet the thought of directly interacting with someone was intimidating.

Oroureh took a moment to look around. Was there a vantage point she could watch from, observe the experiences without actually having to be part of them? That might be best for now.

• Like 1

for vantage points, there where not many to be had. Save for the temporary stage where the speachers where held, where a pair of halfling tumblers where now performing an acrobatics routine, the only raised area to be found where the cathedral steps 

• Like 1

"Test your skill with the bow. Win a meal at the Hagfish" Came the hawkers cry. A tall man, of quite obvious half-elven ancestry with blond hair worn  in a loose tail that fell half way down his back said, holding aloft a bow to be seen. His eyes falling swiftly on the catfolk woman moving easily through the crowd "You lass, care to give it a shot eh?"

Elsewhere, amidst a gathering crowd, along side a well watered pool of mud, another hawker called out into the crowd, encouraging participants to join in on the tug of war, several of the local men, and even a few of the more daring of the women already gathered, and where split more or less equally into teams "Oi Big guy" called one of the women, with a bit of a wink when she caught sight of Galen in the crowd " You're a big lad, why don't you come and join in with us aye? Snow me what you can do with those muscles of yours"

• Like 1

Galen smiles confidently.

Tug of war: 17+5 = 22 STR

For the ring toss, he lines things up as best he can, with much less confidence...

Dex check 4 + 3 = 7 :)

• Like 1

Oroureh considered she could probably climb the cathedral, but the townsfolk would probably disapprove of scrambling all over their new shiny. Instead, she climbed the steps leading up to it, before looking back to the crowd. A burly man, slightly spattered with mud from the tug of war, was taking a few shots at the ring toss. He had some good muscles on him... she blushed a little at her phrasing. Not quite how she had meant it, though true. Certainly, range wasn't an issue for him, though it looked like he could use some work on his accuracy.

• Like 1