Chaoswolf

The travels of Sir Forscale round 2 chatter/photo thread.

Okay, I lied. I'm nabbing a whole bag of bottles, the two Bones sarcophagi, and the candelabras. One can never have enough dungeon dressing.

Box looted. This is exactly what I ended up taking (12 bottles with beads, 12 without), plus three 30mm round-lipped slotted bases. One can never have enough medium-sized bases.
  • Like 6

Actually, the Froggybox is well enough stocked that I wouldn't have to add that much.

Well considering it had over 100 figure when it got to me, even if everyone only put pack one mini for each one they took, there should still be plenty left.

• Like 4

Looking forward to round 3 I picked up a few items from Gen Con just for the box and will soon be re sorting my minis and may stumble upon a few more for it.

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 5

I'm looking forward to kicking off round 3 in a few weeks or so.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 6

So, I got the box back today, and to whomever put in the metric craptonne of dropper bottles:

I'm glad somebody downstream of me put in more. I took two for myself, and then discovered I still had a bag after I'd shipped the box. So now I've got a bag here to go with the next box.

• Like 6

You're saying it's so dense the universe has to move around it? Brings new ideas to the laws of curvature and malleability of space time if there are more than one. I'd be careful opening that box...

You are fine as long as you don't try to put one box into another box. This would cause a rift in space-time and destroy everyone in a 20 mile radius!

post-11134-0-31694200-1438888160.jpg

• Like 10

You're saying it's so dense the universe has to move around it? Brings new ideas to the laws of curvature and malleability of space time if there are more than one. I'd be careful opening that box...

You are fine as long as you don't try to put one box into another box. This would cause a rift in space-time and destroy everyone in a 20 mile radius!

That's fabulous.

• Like 4

the arrow is a marvelous idea!  I have seen self sacrifice, bombs and traps using this mechanic but never a truly long distance weapon.

OTOH the trap version was a wonderful double edged sword. The group was on a timed event, they found the trap and discovered the way around the trap, and then lost the event because they spent so much time trying to figure out a way to extract the portable hole from the trap to carry loot with ::):

• Like 7

So, here's a bit of an opinion poll...

What's everyone's stance on metal minis that may be missing a couple of important parts like a leg or tentacle (Particularly older stuff where the parts couldn't be ordered) rather than just having a busted sword or wand?

Waste of space in the box?

I know random tentacles and legs qualify as "bits", but what about bodies and such that are missing the "bits"?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

Personally, I don't have any issue with it; I could always harvest some more body parts for my own twisted experiments.

• Like 5

Part of the reason I asked is because I have an old otyugh that's missing one of the two tentacles and is thus (aside from a cool tentacle) basically just three stubby elephant feet and a shapeless lump of metal - which may even be why it ended up in my Never-Gonna-Paint-It box in the first place although I can't remember...

• Like 4

Yeah, toss it in as bits. Somebody'll want it.

ETA---You never know who might have a spare tentacle floating around needing a home.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5