Chaoswolf

The travels of Sir Forscale round 2 chatter/photo thread.

An idea: what if circuits don't end with starters, but instead a starter from a different circuit?

That way there is zero chance to end up with the same items you sent out originally.

Interesting idea. What does everyone think? Discuss.

Interesting indeed.

• Like 5

An idea: what if circuits don't end with starters, but instead a starter from a different circuit?

That way there is zero chance to end up with the same items you sent out originally.

Interesting idea. What does everyone think? Discuss.

Interesting indeed.

It could work, I like the idea. I like it allot actually

I'll try to be better about looting from the box.

Have we picked a group painting project theme...?

Who did we paint other than Sir Forscale. Sir Forscale and Barry the Burdened, I recall. Anything else?

I propose. The box starter each picks another adventurer type. Rogue, Paladin, Wizard, Cleric etc. to create a classic RPG adventering party. Then next round we could start with their classic 1st level foes. Golbins, Kobolds, Skellingtons etc.

• Like 6

Just wanted to comment that my wife loved this idea so much she started a goodwill box of her own in her women's group on facebook.

That is so cool Girot! ::D:

Really looking forward to this, sounds like a lot of fun.

:B): your right it is so much fun. This is growing. Lots of new people joining. :bday:

• Like 6

RE: where the box ends up

There couldn't've been that much of the starting stuff that made it back to the beginning. Plus the boxes got plumb filled up. I imagine it was fun to see what came back in the boxes they sent out.

RE: figure painted

We did Almaran. So . . . paladin? I like the idea of assembling parties.

Down those lines, the coordinators could split up classes and foes and we could, by combined effort, even come up with a whole encounter in one round.

ETA: We needs lady minis this time, too.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 8

I'm not sure this is needed. I don't think many original items were in the start box that I did except for a few basing bits, that's it. Not sure about the other boxes, but even if they come back around with 1-2 small things that just means that the next group who gets it may want those particular items.

My other "concern" about this is the group painted figure, I want to personally ask my group for a vote to see what they'd like to paint up before packing up the box and sending it out. If this doesn't come back to me, I don't get to do the final details on the figure like I did with Sir Almaran and his basing.

I had very little other than Bones 1, so I was careful to take exactly as much as I could replace. :) I'm also planning to do a couple of non-mini items, like dice bags, to make up for not being able to put a lot in in the way of minis (though I do have a decent amount of bases now, lol).

Thanks again for running this, guys! It was so much fun to get things I never would have been able to otherwise! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Mrs. Boot, you are one of the people that others are loading the boxes for! We know that some members are newer to the hobby and/or don't have as much stuff, so for those who are like this, take a few extra things from the boxes, don't worry about "equaling it out." 

• Like 10

I'm pretty excited to be in on this round (I'd be more excited but most of my excited is tied up with obsessing about Bones 2 at the moment....).

As mentioned I could do a starter if needed, although I'd need some guidance as this is my first go at this.

What with having a small, umm, basement, full of miniatures, filling a box wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 12

I'm pretty excited to be in on this round (I'd be more excited but most of my excited is tied up with obsessing about Bones 2 at the moment....).

As mentioned I could do a starter if needed, although I'd need some guidance as this is my first go at this.

What with having a small, umm, basement, full of miniatures, filling a box wouldn't be a problem.

We'll see how many people are going to participate and then CW will decide if we need more box starters than we currently have.

Starter boxes are really up to the starter. As I stated in a previous post, mine was a small USPS flat-rate box composed mostly of loose figures (12 total - including Sir Almaran the group painted figure), it had a small journal, bases, and basing bits. So a good start I'd personally say is somewhere around 7-10 figures with some hobby-related things (if your figures aren't loose, then it'll probably have to go up to a medium-sized box with a bunch of packing materials in it). 

Anyhow, I know there are a few people out there who are more than willing to be starters for new boxes, but I'm thinking it'll probably be maybe 1-2 of those who are selected based on the current sign-ups.

• Like 7

I'm in again.  I recently did a re-org of my mini storage and found some stuff I had forgotten about.  So I have plenty of stuff for the next go around.  Heck, if it weren't for the size limitation of the box, I have an entire box of Skaven Clanrats that I picked up a while back (spoken 15+ years ago) that I haven't even opened.

• Like 7

As a box starter from round 1...  PLEASE DON"T GO CRAZY STUFFING THE BOX!

Yeah, that. And I'd like to keep it a "miniatures" related, not "general gamer swag" box.

• Like 9

I may have picked up ... rather more of those 1/48 to 1/36 scale cars than I actually need.

• Like 8