Vil-hatarn

[Pathfinder] Kingmaker AP Discussion

752 posts in this topic

Well, my rogue is going to be a half dragon, half demon, half ogre, ranger, rogue, sorcerer ninja bard with the elementalist vampire template.

I predict my character sheet will be about 40 pages long.  :lol:

5 people like this

perhaps I might play a wizard. Someone extremely intelligent to run the kingdom from behind the throne offer advice to the monarch

1 person likes this

Well, my rogue is going to be a half dragon, half demon, half ogre, ranger, rogue, sorcerer ninja bard with the elementalist vampire template.

I predict my character sheet will be about 40 pages long.   :lol:

See now you're just messing with Doug.

1 person likes this

I am thrilled! If there is room I am more than happy to join the group!

I'm not messing with him.  I'm making fun of power gamers :lol:

1 person likes this

As mentioned in the Pathfinder AP thread, I'm willing to run the Kingmaker kingdom-building/wilderness exploration Adventure Path if there's interest. Though I'm still considering particulars, I will likely deviate to some degree from the adventure as written, may utilize some house rules, and will almost definitely use a restricted set of character options for my own sanity, as the entirety of Pathfinder published material is becoming somewhat overwhelming. I'd be looking for anywhere from 4 to 8 players; both Kingmaker and the PbP format lend themselves to a larger group than I would be comfortable running for in-person.

I'll be traveling with limited computer access next week, so let's say if there's sufficient interest I'll follow up with details on the 23rd or thereabouts.

I'm not messing with him.  I'm making fun of power gamers :lol:

See, I thought that the post was in response to his bolded text above.

As did I, but I appreciated the joke either way ^_^

well, I've already been thinking on this, and I was half ways serious about a wizard, though I am thinking of bending the stereotype and making a dwarf wizard. An oddity to be sure.

2 people like this

So, I was thinking of making a fighter or cavalier.  If I go fighter I may go with the Rough Rider or Dragoon.  Of course running a straight up fighter could be fun as well.  I'm just not sure on devoting a bunch of feats to mounted combat.

ETA:

Of course, Cavalier goes against the 'pet option'.  Not sure about a mounted fighter.

As did I, but I appreciated the joke either way ^_^

I would never try to drive my GM crazy on purpose.

I just wait for my character's actions to do it naturally :poke:

3 people like this

My favorite wizard was a dwarf.  Doo Eet!!! (animate dead was a favorite spell... he had a whole pack train of skeletal horses)

I am considering a Half elven witch for a bit of a change.  yes they have a familiar but they are more spellbooks than anything that might affect the course of battle.  A little bit of magic, a little bit of mysticism, a little bit of healing.

2 people like this

My favorite wizard was a dwarf. Doo Eet!!! (animate dead was a favorite spell... he had a whole pack train of skeletal horses)

I am considering a Half elven witch for a bit of a change. yes they have a familiar but they are more spellbooks than anything that might affect the course of battle. A little bit of magic, a little bit of mysticism, a little bit of healing.

No worries on familiars, especially for the witch since they're not optional. It's possible I might tweak a hex or two--I remember reading that a few are open to abuse.

Planned starting hexes are

slumber - sleep for one on a failed save

and extra hex feat (cauldron) - potion creation feat with alchemical bonus.

I am playing neutral good so none of the nasty hexes apply and I won't abuse you with the misfortune/cackle combo because that is just really annoying (speaking from experience).  I had to deal with this in one of my campaigns and wound up with all of my badguy spell slingers having silence as a standard prepared spell, just to break it.  but let me know if there are others you need to adjust.

Pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of, we should be fine then.

So, I was thinking of making a fighter or cavalier.  If I go fighter I may go with the Rough Rider or Dragoon.  Of course running a straight up fighter could be fun as well.  I'm just not sure on devoting a bunch of feats to mounted combat.

ETA:

Of course, Cavalier goes against the 'pet option'.  Not sure about a mounted fighter.

If you're going to play a mounted warrior, then go with cavalier--the fighter's horse, even with the archetype bonuses, will reliably get vaporized by higher-level area-of-effect spells. Given that this is one of the few adventure paths where the cavalier has a chance to shine, I'm going to say go ahead with it, but I would ask everyone else to avoid non-familiar companions.

1 person likes this