pcktlnt

Myth: Journeyman

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journeyman

Pledge Levels:

NO STRETCH GOALS:

$6 = 2nd Edition Printing of rules and cards (Heroes, items, traps)

$60 = Shores of Kanis

$60 = Blackwall Warrens

Stretch goal pledges begin here:

$120 = 1 copy of Shores of Kanis, 1 copy of Blackwall Warrens, 1 set of 2nd Ed Printings, and 1 Exclusive Promo miniature.

$220 = Same as above + Base game, + Bones Expansion + 2 Soulless Expansion + 2 Shamblers

Shipping = NOT INCLUDED.

f79fe4630e93f4d0ce44cec5801dcaec_large.j

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

Oh sweet....not sure I can win my save on this one. I'm a sucker for Egyptian themed stuff. I can't blame them for starting a new project. If they are done with the creative side of Recon, they need to be producing whatever is next in the pipe. Otherwise, they have a bunch of people doing nothing. Its the struggle working on any kind of creative production team. You always have to be looking to the next thing lest you find yourself without a job.

Oh sweet....not sure I can win my save on this one. I'm a sucker for Egyptian themed stuff. I can't blame them for starting a new project. If they are done with the creative side of Recon, they need to be producing whatever is next in the pipe. Otherwise, they have a bunch of people doing nothing. Its the struggle working on any kind of creative production team. You always have to be looking to the next thing lest you find yourself without a job.

Plus, they're not handling the distribution for Recon, so they really would be doing nothing. If they stick to their word, we should see an update on Recon w/in the next week. Hopefully it will include a solid timeline on when production will be done. 

I expect a huge window on the delivery time frame though due to the dock mess on the west coast. They're going to be weeks clearing up the backlog.

I'm definitely going to be watching, but doubt I can afford this.  I still need to figure out how to actually play the base game anyway.  We tried once and just got confused.

From what I have read on BGG, Myth really needs to get the game sorted out before they expand it.  Messy rules, clarifications, and just plain needs development.  And I have gotten this from many sources I trust.  I was tempted, but the comments from my friends made me very glad I passed.

From what I have read on BGG, Myth really needs to get the game sorted out before they expand it.  Messy rules, clarifications, and just plain needs development.  And I have gotten this from many sources I trust.  I was tempted, but the comments from my friends made me very glad I passed.

They've already done all of that. Anyone who says they haven't fixed things hasn't been paying attention. They've made cleaner versions of the cards available for download from their site. They've hired someone from outside of the company to write a new rule book from scratch. It will be available for public review during the next KS so any concerns can be fixed before the KS ends, then it too will be available for download for free. Printed copies of the new rule book and cards will be available as a part of the second KS at cost.

• Like 1

Oh.  Well, I'll be in for a printed copy of the fixed rulebook at least then.  Probably the only thing, but I guess we'll see.  I do like the models from the first KS and I'm looking forward to Recon.

I'll probably be in. I like Myths miniature style and it's minions > captains > boss pyramids of different monsters.

They've already done all of that. Anyone who says they haven't fixed things hasn't been paying attention. They've made cleaner versions of the cards available for download from their site. They've hired someone from outside of the company to write a new rule book from scratch. It will be available for public review during the next KS so any concerns can be fixed before the KS ends, then it too will be available for download for free. Printed copies of the new rule book and cards will be available as a part of the second KS at cost.

Well that is good, but I am still leary at the mess the first time around was.  I will keep an eye on this.

Going to just edit the first post with relevant things. And move the information from the first post into the second post. ^__^

Beast of Wars has a short segment about the expansion. 

- New hero using a rapier.

- Boss concept art (I think the jars on the belt is awesome).

- There's a question mark on the second minion pose.

February 27, 2015

Week 3: Heroes master a new skill, Dual Wielding
With the Journeyman expansions we introduce a new mechanic into Myth, dual wielding. Dual wielding offers more chances for heroes to perform attacks if they have a dual wield item equipped. In order to dual wield, a player needs two things: a secondary item with the keyword “dual wieldâ€, and an interrupt card. These type of dual wield attacks are called Rush abilities.
Y5FaX5Q.jpg

As mentioned above, to activate a Rush ability you must have a secondary item with the keyword “dual wieldâ€. Next you must play an interrupt card into an available action space upside down during the hero cycle. Doing this costs 1 AP and deals 1 damage if it hits using the dual wield items dice pool. In addition, dual wield items can trigger fate dice recipes. These fate dice recipes vary considerably, but the more powerful ones activate attacks similar to hero cards.

Xa9Za2Ql.jpg

This mechanic works for novice and journeyman heroes equally. Myth players will recognize that some character classes are much more suited to dual wielding than others. One such character is the new hero that is being offered in the Shores of Kanis, the Swashbuckler.

mHrRXc8l.jpg

The Swashbuckler is very strong at dual wielding, even at novice level. Many of his hero cards focus on being surrounded by enemies, which is where he excels. When the Kickstarter launches on March 9th expect to see much more information on the Swashbuckler, as well as a video talking about his hero cards in more depth.

Next week we reveal the final box art for both journeyman expansions. During this final week we will also learn more about the Shores of Kanis Boss, Anunkara.

Launching on Monday, 3/9.

pic2435607_md.jpg

MCG has released a short video touching on some of the stuff that will be in the new KickStarter.

the high-lights:

• Journeyman is a higher-level of character class.
  • Each hero class will have 2 Journeyman branches: one light, one dark.
  • They're introducing Modules, which they akin to old D&D modules. They'll wrap a larger narrative around questing than the Story system does, and be less linear. Players will have to make choices about how to proceed through the module. But when it comes to setting up tiles, the module does away with the tile's legend and tells you exactly what to set up on the board. No more player choices for how many monsters, lairs, traps, etc.
  • There'll be a new, separate game mode called Bar Brawl. (I'm guessing it will be PvP.) Kenny mentions using bar stools as weapons. :lol:
Separate from the video, but confirmed by MCG on either their website or on BoardGameGeek:
  • There will be a pledge tier to let you get just the reprinted materials from the original KS: the new rulebook, the updated cards from Patches 1.2 & 1.3, and the updated blue and green item cards. (White items have not been changed.) Oh, and the new Trap cards.
  • It sounds like the trap cards will contain the basic info you need in order to set up the trap, w/out having to reference the rule book. I think they also intend to have you determine traps by drawing a card instead of rolling Fate dice too. This allows you to simply add new traps to the deck as they're created, instead of being limited to the 6 sides of the die.
  • The Trickster, Skald, and Spriggan will have Journeyman decks available as Add-Ons. These classes only have 1 neutral deck, they do not go light/dark.
  • The KS introduces (at least) 2 new Heroes. The Outsider and the Swashbuckler. It also introduces new rules for dual-wielding weapons.
You can go here for a lot more info from Myth's community spokesman. http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/4275/myth-journeyman Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1