• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      I've been wanting to paint these rat swarms since I got my Bones I shipment.
      However, the base was cut into this jagged shape, so I always delayed painting them as I waited on basing them.
      Finally, I decided to base some with a good heapin' helpin' of sand.  The other two got green stuff treatment to try to blend the base that way.
      One was wood planks, and the other was flagstones.

I tried to emphasize fur/hair in the painting.
      I totally "phoned it in" on the tails, noses and claws.
      I really didn't want to over-spend time on these guys.
      Sorry, I realize I didn't give you a good shot of the skull they are swarming over.

C&C Welcomed.

• By Darcstaar
      Every DM needs wolves.  These were bare metal used on the gaming table for far too long!
      I've been wanting to paint these for a long time, but was intimidated by the fur.
      I finally decided to take the plunge.
      I did some research on the web for images for inspiration, as well as the forums.
      Here's what I came up with.

C&C Welcome.

First, the individuals.
      Here was the inspiration photo from google images for a varied color gray wolf.

This is what I came up with for him.  Coincidentally, it ended up very similar to Anne's picture on the Reaper Web Store.

Next, I wanted a run-of-the-mill gray wolf.
      Here is an inspiration photo.

And the model.

And, as these are all for our Reign of Winter Adventure Path, I wanted a white wolf!

Here was the inspiration.

I was surprised to find so much cream and not so much white, so I tried to replicate it on the model.
      I also tried blue eyes, but they didn't pop quite well enough.  And I threw on some snow and cork "rocks."
      I wasn't entirely happy with it overall, but it is acceptable.

Finally, here are some group shots.
      Overall, I had fun painting these, and knocked all three out in about a week.
      That's SUPER fast for me.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60164: Vampire Hunter, as she is rather innocuously called. She is remarkably armed and armored. I think she is from Pathfinder, and I am sure there is some story there.

There is no WIP thread.

Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

• By Veegis
      Hi all!
      Recently began painting miniatures. I got Crowe, Iconic Bloodrager. I made him a beard and colored it. How will you evaluate the work?

• Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)