Vil-hatarn

[Pathfinder] Kingmaker Adventure Path

795 posts in this topic

"well this journey just got more...interesting...by far" He said to no one in particular, casting his gaze to the witch again for a moment, then the paladin, then back to the witch. "at least I might have some intelligent conversation..."

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Brigh gives many blessings, my cranky friend," Aldrath responds. "However, facial hair is not one of them. It tends to burn away or get caught up while we are working under her inspiration." As he says that, he points to the enormous crossbow on his back. It seems to have far more gears than any crossbow should.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few minutes of waiting, you all see Kirana Aldori approaching. Unlike your previous meetings (for those of you that met with her directly), she's wearing a full suit of well-crafted leather armor that has clearly seen some use, and wears a sword similar to Alexi's. Trailing her is a pack horse laden with all manner of camping supplies. She looks over the group and gives an approving nod to Alexi.

 

"Greetings to you all, and thank you for coming. For those of you who have only met Alexi, I am Lady Kirana Aldori, the organizer of this expedition. Our charge is to explore the northern Greenbelt in the Stolen Lands, produce a map of the region, and dispense justice to the bandits that have plagued the trade road running along its northern border. I would note, for those of you new to the region, that Brevic law states the punishment for unrepentant banditry is execution by sword or rope."

 

"We have a little more than four long days of travel ahead of us. On the morning of the fifth day, we will reach an old fort and trading post where we can restock our rations and acquire any additional supplies before striking south into the Greenbelt. Most of the journey is within Rostland proper and should be uneventful."

 

And you're off! The journey is officially uneventful but feel free to talk among yourselves, to Kirana, or to come up with minor events along the road. I'll give a couple of days for chatter and (hopefully) for Qwyk to show up, and then we'll move on.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As is mostly typical of his kind, he preferred, by far, to walk, and really had little to do with animals in the past. But as the journey progressed, there where more then a few mutterings into his beard about having something else carry his gear. Every once in a while the word 'anvil' or it's dwarven, sometimes goblin, and even once or twice draconic variant off could be heard. Still he marched on solidly.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexi walks along with the rest of the party, moving easily under his load.  Based upon his dress and mannerisms, it could be assumed that he would be some city bred fool, unused to hard travel, but you can not tell it by his actions.

 

"So, for those of you who have been in the Stolen Lands before, what are some of the dangers that we can expect, beside unrepentant bandits?  Wild beasts and wilder women?"  Alexi smiles at his quip.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Brigh! Gnomish! I beg yer pardon!" Abirn rushes to shake Aldrath's hand. "I am a horse's arse, aren't I then? I never seen your folk except by the telling of others. Thought you were awful small. Mighty fine bow ye have, though!"

 

After Kirana's arrival and their subsequent exit from the city, Abirn feels himself easing up--trees and fields and the unimpeded lay of the land. He feels a bit awkward, bouncing along on the horse with which his uncle sent him--he isn't good with the animal, at all. Uncle Rathnil insisted he'd need it, that this is how people travel, but he can't help noticing his companions afoot. After a while he drops to the ground and walks, dragging the horse along by the reins.

 

He hears Alexi's question and snorts.

 

"Aye, there's womenfolk to be had. But you'll find they're bandits or else monsters themselves, likely. Beautiful country it is, though, the gods' own. Rest my days I aim to be no further from it than this."

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Then you've lived in this land your life then?" he asked with a tilt of his head "Have you had any run in's with the fae beings of the first world?"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Vonthra is interested in the conversation when that point was brought. She was curious about the fae, but had never studied them. She showed her interest though more by slowing her steps to more easily hear the conversation. A slight smile sat on her lips as she looked cheerful about the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirana responds to Beremor's question. "When I was a young girl growing up near the edge of the Stolen Lands, I once encountered one of the fairy folk." Her typically stern expression softens as she remembers. "I became lost in the woods and stumbled on a clearing. A tiny winged woman with legs like a grasshopper approached me. I couldn't understand a word it said, but it seemed friendly, and I offered it the stones I had been collecting when I became lost. That made some kind of impression, because next thing I knew, it was leading me out of the forest. I never saw it again, but once in a while I would leave a pretty stone out on the windowsill, and when I checked back it would always be gone."

 

Frowning slightly, she continues, "But, if the stories are to be believed, few of the fey are so benevolent. Should we encounter any, be on your guard; they are known for trickery and misdirection."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"interesting. I had read there where places where the veil between our world was thin, and there have been a few who have ventured into the region to try and study such which I know of. Unfortunatley, I've never found any real, solid facts in my studies. I would like to learn more of the subject if the chance ever comes up. However, I suspect there will be a great many things for me to learn along the way, and less chance to examine things out of simple curiosity than I might like"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am glad to have such a scholar with us. While our immediate duty is to stabilize and explore the region, you may yet have time for your study; I expe--" she cuts herself short and a concerned expression passes over her face. "Look, just ahead--there is black smoke rising around the bend." You all see a cloud of dark smoke, more than a simple campfire or chimney would produce, rising in the distance, maybe half a mile off. "The trading post was supposed to be located near here. I can't imagine the bandits would be so bold as to attack it, but whatever the situation, they may need our help. We should hurry." She picks up her pace, checking over her weapons and armor as she walks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra smiled softly "This could be most interesting indeed. We can be on our guard while still being receptive for any who could be potential allies or friends."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a shrug of his shoulders he hoisted his pack higher up on his slender (for a dwarf) shoulders, and began to hustle. His mind a flurry of activity as he sorted in his mind how to make the most use of the spells he had prepared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexi moves up towards the head of the group and checks that the laces of his cestus are tight and that his sword is loose in the scabbard.  He keeps his spear in his hand, no longer using it as a walking staff, but holding it ready for action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aldrath stops for a moment to load his crossbow then continues on holding his crossbow ready.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now