Vil-hatarn

[Pathfinder] Kingmaker Adventure Path

Vonthra simply keeps walking. She held a trust in her ability to draw her axe in time if trouble struck. Though she kept an eye out as bandit trouble had been mentioned.

• Like 1

Ellandar walks quietly along with the group moving up and down the line to listen to conversations but not contributing much.  On hearing the speculation about the Fey, she just shivers and mumbles that she hopes that what we do will thicken that particular wall.

when they pick up the pace she stops a moment to string her bow and then lets her path cross with the wizard "if you don't mind my asking, what is your expertise in magic, and where have your studies taken you?  I have studied the power of magic over the mind and have also worked through a number of philters to create magic in bottled form" 

• Like 1

As you clear the final bend, you see a small rectangular wooden fort situated just off the road about 300 feet away. The gates are barred, and you see the source of the smoke--a large pile of flaming brush piled at the base of one of the towers. Several rough-looking humanoid figures are busy hauling additional fuel over from the nearby woods. They don't seem to notice you immediately. The fort itself doesn't appear to be burning yet, likely thanks to the heavy rains the night before.

• Like 1

Now Vonthra pulls out her axe and readies herself for a battle. She is wary, but if people are ready to burn down a fort then they are not likely going to simply roll over and surrender

• Like 1

"methinks they have uninvited guests.  Shall we explain to them that they are not wanted?"  Ellandar will cast Mage armor on herself

• Like 1

"Agreed.  We should try focus on dividing them into groups and taking them out.  I see the ones on firewood duty, but there may be more.  I'm thinking a volley with ranged weapons" Alexi brandishes his spear, and us close in types close give them the steel."

• Like 1

"we can discuss spellcraft later" He said with a sour look. drawing his warhammer as the fort, and it's besiegers came into view. Ready to smash faces or knees of any foe that decided that he as a spellcaster would be easy pickings. All while grumping in dwarven that he wished he had some longer ranged spells prepared

• Like 1

"Well, maybe we can talk them down, but just in case...  Brigh, please grant that we function as clockwork."  With that statement, Aldrath invokes the power of his goddess and casts BLESS on everyone (+1 moral bonus to hit, +1 moral bonus on saving throws against fear.  Lasts 1 minute)

• Like 2

Vonthra chuckles and responds to his grumbles in dwarven "Well you will know now for the future won't you?"

She looks amused by the grumbles, before softly muttering a soft prayer to her god to help ensure only the guilty die and that the innocent are spared.

• Like 1

Abirn readies his crossbow and slips from the path into the trees, headed the direction from which the humanoids were carrying fuel.

"Watch this one," he says to no one in particular. He tosses his horse's reins toward his new companions, leaving her to stand alone, before entering the foliage.

• Like 1

After completing the armor spell, which adds a satin quality to her entire body, she sets an arrow in her bow and takes aim at one of the fire starters "I don't know who they are but I'm betting an arrow in the back will cramp their style"

• Like 1

"They are even very brave, very foolish, or very desperate. Should we not find out which before we find ourselves in the midst of battle?"

• Like 1

As you make your preparations, you count five visible foes, definitely humanoids of average build (e.g. human, elf, orc). At least a few of them are definitely carrying bows, and you also see that they have horses tethered near the treeline. More notably, you notice that the fort appears completely absent of defenders. Suddenly, one of them points towards your group; the others hasten to dump their fuel on the fire.

Roll initiative. You may continue discussing your actions within reason given the length of a round (six seconds). Given the range you are currently at, exact order may not be important, so feel free to post your action for this round as well. If something another character does requires a response or causes your action to no longer make sense, I'll ask for a new one; otherwise I'll post the results all at once.

• Like 1

Vonthra looks over "If they will surrender then we can ask, but it looks like our companions are inclined to jump first and ask later. We shall have to move in though and see if they will surrender. If they do then we may find out if they truly belong to the law or not. As it is that fort has no defenders and that does not bode well for those who might be within as it could be that there are only civilians or those unable to defend themselves within."

She will be moving forwards as she speaks.

Init: 10+1=11