Jump to content
Vil-hatarn

[Pathfinder] Kingmaker Adventure Path

Recommended Posts

Initiative 4+4 is a whopping 8. My action will depend heavily on when they go in the initiative And how close they get.

 

If they get within 30 feet, I will hex One with slumber, otherwise it's an arrow to the chest.

Edited by Kangaroorex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Initiative: 4+1=5)

 

Alexi moves up with Vonthra, maintaining enough distance between them that he can come to her aid, but not foul her axe swings.  Seeing a number of bows amongst these opponents, he readies his shield and prepares to cast his spear if attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative: 7+0 = 7

 

Aldrath will fire his crossbow if the strangers attack, otherwise he will just hold position.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Initiative: 10 + 2 = 12)

 

Abirn will briefly check for any sign of further reinforcements to those fronting the fort (Perception: 10 + 6 = 16). He will hold his actions to see if hostilities will proceed. If so, he will engage combatants in the woods, if present. If none there, he will seek first to scatter the arsonists' tethered horses before taking position at the treeline to attack from distance with his crossbow while using the trees for cover. (If cover is further away than 80 feet, however, he will move into the clearing to attack.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative Order:

23 Ruffians x4

22 Ruffian Leader

12 Abirn

11 Vonthra

9 Beremor

8 Ellandar

7 Aldrath

5 Alexi

 

The party is between 200 and 300 feet away from the fort, with clear ground between you and the strangers. There is a lightly wooded area to your left, and another immediately behind the group of strangers, from which they are harvesting fuel for the fire and is also where their horses are tethered. A brief discussion appears to take place between them; those carrying brush toss it onto the pile and turn to watch as the apparent leader unshoulders his longbow and takes aim, loosing two arrows in quick succession.

 

Ruffian Leader d20+3 = 8, 14

 

One of the arrows deflects harmlessly off of Alexi's sturdy armor, while the other lands a few yards away. You're not sure if they were intended as warning shots or if his aim was just off due to the distance.

 

Abirn only sees the original five men. You'll need to cover quite a lot of ground before reaching their horses (two to three turns at a full sprint).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abirn holds, will begin advancing toward the interlopers once he sees what his fellow adventurers have planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra will advance, but does Agree with Alexi's thought on how to do the pincer movement, but I'm fairly certain he can move faster than her and so he is best suited tot he flanking manuever if he still thinks that would be the best idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexi looks down at the spot that the arrow glanced off of his armor.  "Well that all I need to see about their intentions."

 

With that he moves at full speed to place the fort between him and the ruffians, intending to circle around and catch them from the other side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beremor will drop his pack, and move forward behind Vonthra. All well bellowing out a series of curses in dwarven comparing the ruffians parents to a owlbear with the mange and suggesting they leave and go do something sexually improbable, and anatomically impossible with a dead goat.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aldrath will take a shot at the Ruffian Leader with his heavy crossbow, then moves up a bit (15 ft) shouting "Drop your weapons!"  

 

Attack (18 + 1 + 1 (Bless) - 4 (Range)) = 16

Damage (D8) = 3

Edited by Unit04
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellandar at will begin to move up and will fire her bow. With a 2 on the die, I don't think the rest of the math is important...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aldrath's bolt grazes the leader's leg, while Ellandar's shot is caught in a sudden breeze and veers off course. The leader grimaces in pain and barks a few orders to the others. One hurries over to their horses, while the other three draw bows and open fire. Their shots are wild, and it is only by sheer chance that one of the arrows grazes Beremor's arm. The leader, meanwhile, takes careful aim at Aldrath and puts an arrow straight through his leg.

 

Leader: d20+1= 2, 21 (vs Aldrath); critical confirmation d20+1=4; damage 1d8+2=9; Aldrath is unconscious and bleeding out

 

Ruffians: d20-2= 3, 9, 16 (vs Ellandar, Vonthra, and Beremor respectively); Beremor damage 1d8=2

 

Friendly reminder regarding the damage house rules: the damage to Beremor is strain, and will be recovered naturally as soon as he can take a minute to bandage it. The damage to Aldrath, since it dropped him below 0 hp, is an injury, and all 9 points will require divine healing or long-term natural healing to recover. Damage resulting from failure to stabilize will also be injury, should it occur.

 

ETA: The two groups are now approximately 210 feet apart. Alexi and Vonthra are in front, more like 180 feet out, and Alexi's line of sight to the bandits is mostly blocked by a corner of the fort.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D20 = 4

Aldrath hits the ground with a thump. A large crimson spot forming around the wound.

Edited by Unit04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra will pause her advance "Aldrath!"

 

She will move to him to make sure he is stable and going to survive the battle. Just basic first aid to stop the bleeding

 

 

Heal check: 14+1=15 (Hopefully its enough)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick glance over his shoulder is all he gives before turning slightly and heading towards the fort as well, seeking some cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×