Sign in to follow this  
Helixx Harpell

More younger looking mages

Then you could have a villain and her cronies.

Oh well.

I suppose a crone of some sort would be a good thing.  you need old crones for so many things, especially for deaf NPCs.  We had a planar guild of old crones, each one a shard of the greater Old Crone Soul.  Everywhere we went, there was an identical old crone, erady to say "Eh?  Can ai 'elp yooo?"

Had to add to this Ral Partha isn't out of business, they've got a new web site etc.

They're still lickin' they're wounds after losing the D&D franchise tho'. Still haven't improved much either!

When I saw you guys had forums I immediately wanted to come on and make a request for "younger" looking wizards too. Lo and behold the topic was already started.

Let me say what I'm looking for in a [male] wizard/sorceror that isn't out there (much) right now

younger

short beard or no beard

short hair

NO pointy hat

NO book or scroll in hand (way too many of your wizard minis do that)

NO visible magic effects (fire/swirly stuff)

Robes, but also normaler looking clothing (and not too mcuh high-class clothing)

Less "evil typed" (skulls/mouth full of teeth) designs.

Staves are boring: how bout interesting wands or rods?

Give em some crossbows, at least slung if not readied.

An owl familiar in flight would be nice. (the one on a tree is too static)

Eredain for Warlord is a step in the right direction. His clothes look a bit too busy and "evil" typed. His staff is too big. Nice pose though.

I really like your more recent work. Keep it up.

actually, wizards and others with weapons that AREN'T as big as they are would be nice.  Even daggers are the size of shortswords in a lot of these.  I understand that you need a certain size in order to be able to cast and handle the mini, and Reaper is better than most, but there's still an awful lot of the Waif-with-a-claymore thing going.

What I would like to see is just less of the same old stuff in general.  No more Conan or Gandalf clones!!!  How many of these do you need?  

More fighters in different kinds of armour.  Everyone is in all plate or chain.  I know there have recently been some characters in studed leather.  that's good since that is so often the starting armour used at low levels.  Some padded armour would be good as well.  If they need some inspiration they should check out the Masajowski Bible or any number of armour books that have color plates from that work.  It's a mid to late 13th century illuminated Bible with an extensive ammount of interesting padded armours.  

Also some scale and lamalar.  They can be painted as either leather or metal so they are more versitle that plate or chain.  

Some earlier armour styles like a linothrax (greek) or segmentata (roman) would be good.  

As far as clerics lets try and focus on different types of deities.  Most Clerics just look like monks (the european type).  Look at the different aspects you have.  War, Love, Fertility, The Sea,  The Earth, ect.....  Different clerics would dress and behave differently.  A cleric of a love goddess like Venus would not dress like a monk or a nun.

Thieves are difficult because they are so varried in what they do but do all thieves have to have their clokes on with their hoods up.  that seems to be the standard thief look.

I've been saying different armors for a long time - well, as long as this list has been around.

My big thing is that Reaper is so addicted to northern europe... What about India, Persia, China, Egypt, Olmec, & other nations/ cultures. They had some darn cool looking armor & clothing. & it would just make sense for variety's sake.

Though at least they have some bare-chested Scots. Half my own ancestry begins history covered in blue mud & thumping on logs...

Well, most of my history is covered in their current line.  Not the dwarves, Elves, and dragons though, however much it would make a good story.

I was going through the Reaper Store last night, and I found a few younger-looking mages, or at least people with their hands on fire.  Darned if I can remember which ones they were though.

I've been saying different armors for a long time - well, as long as this list has been around.

My big thing is that Reaper is so addicted to northern europe... What about India, Persia, China, Egypt, Olmec, & other nations/ cultures. They had some darn cool looking armor & clothing. & it would just make sense for variety's sake.

Though at least they have some bare-chested Scots. Half my own ancestry begins history covered in blue mud & thumping on logs...

I like to blame the Furore Celtica for most of my own character flaws, and the Germans for my intimidating forehead... and we suspect some undeclared Romany may have left us with a hankering for violins.

Hmm, looks like more of my ancestry has been (trying fairly unsuccessfully to be) gentlemen for longer than yours, SW.  On the whole, I'm not sure if I'd prefer yours or not.

Actually, I think I'll take whatever ancestry that wouldn't have left me partialyl colorblind and tending to bottom out if I don't eat more than normal.  Aaargh, etc.