Sign in to follow this  
stormbreach

Ral Partha Mind Flayer

Here is a mind flayer I have had for a long time. I liked him a lot better than the first Ral Partha mind flayer sculpt. When I was thinking of colors for him I was thinking of him clashing with himself, loudly. Being a mind flayer I thought it would be neat if it kind of hurt your head just to look at him. In the end he didn't clash all that badly, but it was fun painting him anyway. If I were to have him perfect his head would contrast with his robe more and his tentacles would fade to bright pink at the tips but I don't know how to glaze yet. Also these pics don't show the highlighting on his robe properly but I kind of like it because my second layer had some blue I mixed in and it makes it look almost iridescent in the right light because there is no blue in the lower layers, only the highest one. Here he is.

post-13810-0-52100500-1425264628_thumb.jpgpost-13810-0-13886500-1425264640_thumb.jpg

As always, C&C are welcome and encouraged!

Edit: forgot to mention I like the beak and how I managed to get a little pinker flesh around it. Kind of gross, but it's supposed to be gross, it's a mind flayer.

Edited by stormbreach
  • Like 20

Ermagherd, it's a Foglio-style mindflayer!

ETA: Complete with Magnificent Hat!

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

Why don't they make flayers with hats any more?

• Like 1

They all started using product... and the hat messes everything up - god save us all from the metrosexual mindflayers!

love the mini!

• Like 2