TGP

Getting To Know Each Other — March 2015

559 posts in this topic

Starting question for March

2. Do you own a hat? ....not counting cold-weather gear, but a proper hat? A hat worn for looks, habit, style, fashion or just because...

Starting number is a 2 because the month changed awkwardly mid-weekend but the end-of-Feb questions remained active Sat AND Sun.

Edited by TGP
3 people like this

I'm just gonna stay out of this one.

3 people like this

2. Do you own a hat? ....not counting cold-weather gear, but a proper hat? A hat worn for looks, habit, style, fashion or just because...

Starting number is a 2 because the month changed awkwardly mid-weekend but the end-of-Feb questions remained active Sat AND Sun.

I have a baseball hat with my college logo on it.  Warn when im feeling particularly enthusiastic about sports -

for example: during march madness, while my team is in the basketball tournament.  

Most years i'll spend 16-30 hours watching games between now and April 6th, then go back to ignoring it. 

Edited by Evilhalfling

I own a Boston Red Sox Ball Cap, which I wear frequently during the summer.  I don't own any kind of "dressy" hat; I've never found one that looked good on my head.

I have a lot of hats, but they all have the same two functions, keep the sun out of my eyes and the rain off my glasses. I do also have a few with a third function, to keep the sun off my neck. I don't wear hats for fashion or any other reason

I've worn my mongol hat almost every day for 9 months of the year for the last six years. In the event I'm in the mood for another hat, I have a monmouth cap (wore it yesterday for St. Davy's day), a farmer's hat, a straw hat for summer camping season, and a cowboy hat I bought for a show I was in last month.

I think that's it.

I've worn my mongol hat almost every day for 9 months of the year for the last six years. In the event I'm in the mood for another hat, I have a monmouth cap (wore it yesterday for St. Davy's day), a farmer's hat, a straw hat for summer camping season, and a cowboy hat I bought for a show I was in last month.

I think that's it.

Oh, and a jungle hat to match my red camo BDUs and a 2014 NCAA March Madness cap I got from work last year. There is, of course, a winter hat that's mine, but mostly my wife wears it because it's too small.

Sadly, I lost my fedora at some point over the last couple of years.

Edited by etherial

Nope. I own a green beanie that I knitted myself. Some have seen me wear it around Reaper Con. If there's time, I hope to knit a blue one. Until then! I has bags to knit! 

1 person likes this

I own several hats.  They are all uniform items (my combination cover and garrison cover as well as my 8 point).

I don't really wear any other hats other than a watch cap (knit hat) when it's cold outside.  I've just never been a hat guy.

1 person likes this

I own a few hats. I have a sun-hat, which I wear for practical reasons (pale-skinned redhead), but also because I enjoy sun-hats. I have a red felt hat, with a white flower on it, but I no longer wear that. I have an AMAZING witch hat, which is worn sometimes on halloween. Then I have a little witch hat, also for halloween.

I used to have more hats, but I haven't worn them in a while because I changed my hairstyle and hats mess up bangs too much. So I sent them along to goodwill.

2 people like this

Can't wear a hat it will mess up my righteous hairstyle!

2 people like this

I own a few hats.

A bucket hat, for when I'm out and about.

A pin-stripe trilby, for when I'm out and about and need to look smart.

A deerstalker, for when I'm out and about and it's cold.

They all perform the same function, to keep my hair somewhat neat and tidy when I'm in the outside world.

Wrapping up Feb,

I painted a Bugbear first, it was the figure I was planning on painting first. I've since gone on to paint a hell night, a mummy and a chthon. I've got some Olley orcs and a Cave troll that I bought at retail in progress right now. Haven't decided who's next from the KS though. Probably the Roper.

On to March:

I have 1 very nice black hat that I wear on special occasions (Recently only our company Xmas parties). I honestly don't know what *kind* of hat it is, it's just nice and fancy, and doesn't look bad with my 1 suit that I dust off for that one fancy party I go to a year.

I am seldom seen out of doors without a hat. From the standard ball cap, to one of several cowboy hats, or various others. I used to wear a fedora before it was cool again, and one of those round fishing hats with the brim, Kinda like what Colonel Blake from MASH wore

1 person likes this