haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

Rikki Tikki Tavi. Too bad there is not a mongoose race... 

I wondered if anyone would pick up the name. Kippling is not near so popular as once upon a time

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to get railroaded in based on a single joke....

Hey, I did suggest the part, then you hopped into it with both feet.

its going to be a little difficult not picking on the Bard, but I will try ::D:

• Like 1

Reminds me. SInce I said I would handle the trap portion I need to go rearrange my character slightly

And adjusted. I just took away my 1 rank in Perform (done more for my amsement) and put in a rank in Disable Device and added on the Trapper Archetype

Branwyn

Female half-elf (Spireborn) ranger (trapper) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 65)
CG Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 11 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments, +1 trait bonus vs. enchantment
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee battleaxe +2 (1d8+1/×3) or
   hopeknife +3 (1d4+1/19-20)
Ranged longbow +4 (1d8/×3)
Special Attacks favored enemy (orc +2)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +2)
   1/day—comprehend languages, detect secret doors, erase, read magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 13
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Weapon Focus (longbow)
Traits mordant heritage, trunau native
Skills Diplomacy +2, Disable Device +7, Handle Animal +5, Knowledge (geography) +6, Knowledge (nature) +6, Perception +8, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Swim +2, Use Magic Device +2; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Azlanti, Common, Elven, Orc
SQ elf blood, mordant envoy, track +1, trapfinding +1, wild empathy +2
Other Gear leather armor, arrows (40), battleaxe, hopeknife, longbow, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, mess kit, thieves' tools, trail rations (5), waterskin, 15 gp, 9 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Elf Blood Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Favored Enemy (Orc +2) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs. Favored Enemy (Orc) foes.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mordant Envoy Spireborn add +1 to the caster level of any transmutation spells they cast. Spireborn with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect secret doors, erase, read magic. The caster
Mordant Heritage You gain a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against enchantment effects.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.
Trapfinding +1 Gain a bonus to find or disable traps, including magical ones.
Wild Empathy +2 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
--------------------
Branwyn grew up in a for more distant area from Trunau. Her father was one of the elves from the Mordant spire and she herself was raised there. One day she flet a restlessness inside her and it led to a fierce argument with her father. He insisted she should remain upon the spire and she wished to leave to see the world beyond.

Since he forbade her leaving she quietly gathered her belonging and slipped away in the night. Though she was young when she left she made her way slowly to Trunau. Once there she started showing her skill with the bow and some idea of scouting out the enemy of the town.

She though very rarely speaks on her own family though and still has no idea who her mother is. It is a secret her father has always kept to himself.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

• Like 1

Dilvish, is that Steady Gallop?

I can't find that feat anywhere, what book is it in?

Yes, Steady Gallop. I guess I have charging on the mind.  Not a bad thing for a Cavalier.

Ok, I haven't been active on here due to the prep stuff. Slowly coming to a end. As far as the ruling I wanna say it's your mount, but I can also see it being the rider. Hmmm that one I'm not exactly sure on.

Ok we've got our cast of characters. Marvin, if I ever do anther pbp, you'll be the first person I contact for it. ::):

First game post will be Sunday the 22nd

I'm going to take the feat for my mount regardless, just let me know which way you want to rule it so I know.

Going by the source I'd say they made it for the mount. Still I'd like to see a official ruling.

Ok here he is. Not a proper background, but I'll get it up in a few days.

Johnny Ganjaseed

Male (Middle Aged) Aasimar Bard (juggler) 1

CG Medium Outsider (native)

Initiative +2 Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60'

--------------------

Defense

--------------------

AC 15 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 12

HP 10 (1d8+2)

Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2

Resist: Acid 5, Cold, Electricity 5

--------------------

Offense

--------------------

Speed: 30'

Melee: Dagger +1 (1d4+1)

Ranged: Dagger +2 (1d4+1)

Special Attacks: Bardic Performance 6 rounds/day

(Countersong, Distraction, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +1)

Bard Spells Known (CL 1st, Concentration +4)

1st (2/day) - Ear Piercing Scream (DC 14), Sleep (DC 14)

0th (at will) - Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Spark, Summon Instrument

--------------------

Statistics

--------------------

Str 12, Dex 14, Con, 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 17

BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 13

Feats: Alertness, Deflect Arrows

Traits: Know the Land, Surprise Weapon

Skills: Acrobatics +5, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +9, Knowledge(nature) +7, Perception +8, Perform(sing) +9, (all others) +5,

Sense Motive +8, Slight of Hand +5, Stealth +5, Survival +6, Use Magic Device +7

Languages: Celestial, Common, Polyglot, Sylvan

Special Qualities: Fast Reactions

Other Gear: Studded Leather Armor, daggers (2), backpack, bandoleer, bedroll, belt pouch (ganja), bottle of fine wine, candles (3), Hip Flask (absinthe), flint and steel, ink, inkpen, journal, mess kit, mug, pipe, silk rope 50', soap, spell component pouch, string 50' vial (magic mushrooms), vial (ganja seed), waterproof bag, waterskin, whetstone, 27gp, 5sp, 1cp

--------------------

Special Abilities

--------------------

Fast Reactions: Johnny gains Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat. This replaces bardic knowledge.

Know the Land: gains a +1 bonus on Knowledge(nature) and survival checks, and one of these (survival) becomes a class skill.

Surprise Weapon: +2 trait bonus on attack rolls with improvised weapons.

--------------------

Description

--------------------

A tall (6'3"), thin (155 lbs) man with dark skin and long black hair, streaked with what looks like silver wire, gathered into cornrows beneath a floppy beret, Johnny's most striking feature are his golden eyes, That is until he smiles, when you notice his copper teeth. His laugh is contagious, as is his positive attitude, and you believe him (even through a heavy accent) when he says his mission is to spread peace, love, and happiness throughout the world. Certainly he's no warrior given that he only has a couple of knives on him. Then he packs his pipe with some herb you're unaware of and as the smoke circulates around, he starts singing. You're not sure if it's the smoke or his singing but you feel your worries drain away. Everything IS going to be alright.

• Like 1

Going by the source I'd say they made it for the mount. Still I'd like to see a official ruling.

I see it as affecting the mount (the halving of the AC penalties that is).

What I would like to see is an official ruling on the lance damage argument.

Ok folks, so it was pointed out to me that certain of Johnny's habits might not be appropriate for these family friendly forums, so I decided to let him go. Instead, I present to you Ragnar, son of Halgra

Ragnar son of Halgra

Male Hal-Orc Skald (Fated Champion)1

CG Medium Humanoid (human,orc)

Initiative +2 Senses: Perception +6; Darkvision 60'

--------------------

Defense

--------------------

AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 14 (armor +4, Dex +2)

HP 9 (1d8+1)

Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +4

-------------------

Offense

-------------------

Speed: 20

Melee: Warhammer +2 (1d8+2/x3)

Ranged: Throwing axe +2 (1d6+2/x3)

Special Attacks: Raging Song 9 rounds/day (Inspired Rage +1)

Bard Spells Known (CL 1st, Concentration +4)

1st (2/day) - Ear Piercing Scream (DC 14), Sleep (DC 14)

0th (at will) - Ghost Sound (DC 14), Mage hand, Message, Prestidigitation

Inspired Rage Statistics

When raging, Ragnar's stats are AC 15; hp 10; Fort +6, Will +5; Melee, warhammer +3 (1d8+3/x3); CMB +3, CMD 15; Skills: Climb +7

--------------------

Statistics

--------------------

Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16

BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14

Feats: Alertness, Scribe Scroll*

Traits: Fate's Favored, Maestro of the Society

Skills: Acrobatics +6, Bluff +3, Climb +6, Diplomacy +7, Knowledge (local) +3, Perception +6, Perform (sing) +7, Sense Motive +6, Use Magic Device +7

Languages: Common, Orc 

Special Qualities: Bardic Knowledge, City Raised, Rock Climber, Sacred Tattoo

Other Gear: Armored kilt, studded leather armor, warhammer, throwing axe (2), dagger (2), backpack, bandoleer, bedroll, flint and steel, mess kit, mug, hemp rope 50', soap, spell component pouch, string 50', waterproof bag, waterskin, whetstone, 16gp, 6sp, 5cp

--------------------

Special Abilities

--------------------

Bardic Knowledge: +1 bonus per 2 levels to knowledge skill checks and may make such checks untrained.

City Raised: +2 bonus to Knowledge (local) checks and proficient in longsword and whip. This replaces weapon familiarity.

Fate's Favored: Whenever under a luck bonus of any kind the bonus is increased by +1.

Inspired Rage: Affect allies gain a +2 morale bonus to strength and constitution, a +1 bonus to will saves, and a -1 penalty to AC. While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Maestro of the Society: +3 rounds per day of bardic performance

Sacred Tattoo: +1 luck bonus to all saves. This replaces orc ferocity.

Rock Climber: Gains a +1 bonus on acrobatics and climb skill checks> This replaces intimidating.

--------------------

Description

-------------------

The 21 year old youngest son of Halgra of the Blackened Blades is a tall (6'3") heavy (225lbs) half-orc with dark grey skin and short black hair. His arms are covered in tattoos.

He tends to smile a lot and has an encouraging word for everyone, almost all of whom he seems well liked by. He is quite intuitive and often is able to help others with their problems.

He spends a lot of time outside the gates, either climbing the cliff walls around Trunau, or going out on patrol with the militia. He does this to get out from under the gaze of his mother who he (rightly so) believes has a desire for him to settle down and marry. He intends to do the whole family bit one day, but right now he's having fun. And deep down inside he feels that he has to accomplish something great, or he'll always be in his mother's shadow. it's one of the reasons he uses a warhammer instead of a blade, to distinguish himself from his mother. He is also trying to learn the two-weapon style, but hasn't gotten ahold of it yet.

The whole situation has him on edge , awakened a deep rage inside of him, but so far the only outward sign of it is occasionally through his singing.

• Like 2

Whew! Glad to hear I'm not so abnormal then, thanks Chief.

I was looking at this guy with a weapon swap (one of the hobgolin pack) https://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/IG_966_2.jpg

And then the head from this fella https://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/02342_w_1.jpg

Would be pretty close

• Like 2