Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

77164: Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard

Hello, bump? 'Cos I do like this sculpt and have seen so many interesting variations of her. She's so full of personality.

It's nicely done.

Just getting back on the forums with some regularity. Until Wednesday hits. Then I'm sucked into a black hole of work. Shouldn't last much longer than December. Maybe March of next year.

• Like 1

Great pink!  I love the way you stipple the base painting!  She's an interesting sculpt- dramatic!

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite favorite sculpts; she sadly keeps getting bumped for "need to paint this one instead of that one" reasons...I need to just sit down and have fun with her one of these days.

I love the french horn! I've always imagined her as a singer, myself, singing a throng of troops into battle. She looks very inspiring.

The hair you've given her and the closed eyes, both look very nice. I like the effect on her character.

I might go back with your "black" and re-outline the horn, so the outline of the horn is matte over the top of your metallic sheen. As it is, the image gets lost under the shine. You could achieve the same definition by making the surrounding field matte, but I like that the whole shield is shiny.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Librarian, a pleasantly sinister and unassuming character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Neil Gaiman.

Comments et alia welcome, natch. WIP thread here.

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Nobleman, another nice and eccentric steampunk character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Beau Brummell.

Comments, etc. welcome. WIP thread here.

This is all paint:

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Mechanist, a nice little character for the more open-minded steampunk campaign. The quote in the title of the thread is from Gail Carriger, author of the "Soulless" steampunk series.

I actually finished him around Christmas, but I never put up the Show Off thread. So here he is. Questions, critiques and comments welcome. WIP thread here.

• By Pingo
      This is the mermaid from the old Grenadier boxed set #6004, "Monsters of Mythology" from their Fantasy Lords range.

I used to have the set, once upon a time. This was one of my favorite figures from it (though I painted it very differently back in the day and I am pretty sure my memories of how well I painted it are seriously rose-tinted).

There isn't a WIP thread.

And because I do like to play around with photographic backgrounds and water effects:

• By Pingo
      Sobek was a complex crocodile god of the ancient Egyptians. He was god of fertility, wild sexytimes and strength, and also a protector against the ravages of the river Nile and its inhabitants.

The khopesh was a kind of ancient Egyptian sword evolved from a battle axe. The one on this sculpt is a little thicker and more swordlike than most of the ones I've seen, which makes it sturdier on a miniatures scale.

The figure is Reaper's 14381, Nefsokar Devourer of Ammat, sculpt by Bob Ridolfi. I didn't make a WIP thread.

I was halfway done with him before I realized that he was supposed to be a stone statue with cracks and chips in the stone. Maybe another time I will paint a version of him like that, but in this case I overlooked the texture and painted him with fairly realistic crocodile and corroded bronze colors.

And because I like to play around with photography and backgrounds:

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)