Sign in to follow this  
Sabith

77186: Tiik Warrior converted to D&D Nothic

"Sheer nightmare fuel," indeed.  According the the monster manual they're insane wizards who discovered the secret to immortality, but withered and twisted their physical bodies in doing so.  They're also psychic, and love to try to pull secrets from a person's mind.  The players were trying to bluff their way into a bandit lair, masquerading as new recruits, when they happened upon the nothic's den.  The nothic asked each player a question, getting closer to the truth of the players' intent with every failed deception check.  The energy at the table was super-tense when the players realized this weird thing was rifling through their memories.

I think this might be my favorite D&D monster.

• Like 3

Nothics have been around for a while, but yours is frankly lightyears ahead of the only officlal models that D&D/WOTC has ever put out.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/7978451104_54b97467b0_o.png

Edited by CashWiley
Changed img to link, file size
  • Like 2

Agreed, your conversion is amazing. Yours is way creepier than the official mini.

Your poor players. *shudder

Edited by tiniest rhombus

That is an awesome conversion! Waaaay better than anything WotC has produced. Nothics are one of my favorites too! I recently used one in my game. One of my players panicked because his character has a HUGE secret that the rest of the party doesn't know about.

Well, yeah. Nothics are hideous Lovecraftian horrors of the Underdark.

Not some kind of... muppet.

• Like 1

You might be new to converting minis, but that's great!! Way better than the prepainted official mini...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By Brianuk
      Converted Gregor the Wizard, who is a druid type character, well wrapped up with a bird as a familiar. I thought the model would look good as a female character and the way the coat bunches up means that a conversion looks OK, in my view. I just cut off the head with a razor saw and swapped it with a reaper bones head for Drys the Dryad. I just stuck it straight onto a blob of green stuff. I didn't need to do much texturing because the beard on the original male model just looks like a scarf following the sawing.

The mittened hand holding the bird just got accidentally bent back while I was sawing the head off (is this forum externally monitored?). It wasn't an intentional part of converting. 

Then a pretty simple paint job, have done the washes in these pics and need to do some basic highlighting and a winter effect on the base. 

• By lazarp
      So I've been at grandma's after new year's eve and found a bunch of these metal kinder surprise toys. Scale-vise they are around 28mm heroic, so I've decided to give them a quick speedpaint, using some dollar-store acrylic paint and brushes :D, I wonder if they will look any good on the table during play :)

Next to a bones orc

• By Vacaroja
      Pulled from some Iron Winds Metal random bins at a con, it's a combination of a Ral Partha Nightmare and the wings of a Blue Dragon. Enjoy!

• By Cyradis
      For the converters, a demonstration of making an extremely sharp knife (for use by a lego person) from an oyster shell. This guy makes knives out of everything, including tomatoes. Yes, tomatoes. This one just happens to be minis-sized. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FyIS0k_ozQ&fbclid=IwAR1bu6ZMNjptwzs0hBydi9fSVStA3O2OmBm3CkQ003w0vvUdaZ7hgdRGYn0 
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 177 Guests (See full list)