ahayford

Raging Heroes: Dark Elves and Sisters

Just now, pcktlnt said:

They had a QC team? XD

the update mentioned that the new molds without the pizza slice things were so good they would put the qc team out of a job.

so that implies they existed.

which does not speak well of their work.

• Like 3

So this new method without the wedges has better vents or something? That's good news but for me, disappointing, I've got my shipment and started clipping off parts from these sprues, lost a few points and tips because of the way they intersected the vent mold in a cross-shape to the model. The resin is so fragile that it causes the tip of the intersection to snap off the model with little effort. I suppose the next update will be that they discovered a better resin recipe that isn't so fragile. Giving the backers low quality models and suppling retail with good quality. I think, RH just lost me as a customer. Pics incoming as soon as I can clean up my work area to assemble. The models are nice and detailed (mostly) but so fragile these thin parts, they're only good for display I think. Carring them around for gaming will definately cause casualties unless you pack them very carefully. Dropping one on the floor would be a disaster.

I just got part of my order in today. The casting looks very good. They don't seem that much greasier than other resin minis I have. The only broken piece I noticed was the Daughters of the Orphanage Command cook's spoon (looks impossible to fix). They certainly do look complicated to assemble. Lots and lots of tiny fragile pieces. Probably should put together a couple of angels before attempting Ascended Sister Erzebel.

I've never been very good with tiny multi-part resin models. May have bitten off more than I can chew with these bad girls. Oh well. Hopefully they can help me gain a level in my assemble skill. :unsure:

• Like 1

Just got mine today.  There are a lot of pieces!  And from the couple ive painted, I'm going to guess that painting after assembly is going to be difficult.

They certainly achieved high detail but I think that the brittle resin and multiple parts are required to do that and I'm not sure it's worth it.  My goal was a surrogate sisters of battle army and I'm not sure these would survive the experience.

Oh well, live and learn, all they owe me now is some metal casts...

Mine have all arrived now,  haven't really had a chance to do a thing with them due to other time pressures. At this point,  however,  regardless of how nice the offering is i would be avoiding anything further from this company

9 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Just got mine today.  There are a lot of pieces!  And from the couple ive painted, I'm going to guess that painting after assembly is going to be difficult.

They certainly achieved high detail but I think that the brittle resin and multiple parts are required to do that and I'm not sure it's worth it.  My goal was a surrogate sisters of battle army and I'm not sure these would survive the experience.

Oh well, live and learn, all they owe me now is some metal casts...

You just got yours today and you've painted two already? How?! I mean, wow. I'm impressed.

I've assembled the Worm Riders and began modding the weapons. Very easy to cut away the weapons from the hands. 7 of the 8 legs on one of the worms look like unfinished sculpts, I've filed them down a bit for putty application, I'll sculpt the detail on myself I guess :B): When I saw the worm riders I thought, 'I don't have anything like that, and I think they would look awesome with scythes for weapons!' So that's what they'll get.

Working with this material; it's soft (easy to drill!), brittle (don't overbend or drop or hold too tightly!) but very detailed and thick parts and most molded parts (arms, bodies, legs, ect) are pretty strong. Glue attaches everything and holds fast. These worms are like little puzzles, everything has it's place and only fits that place specifically. I have only found 1 part that didn't fit exactly, one of the worms fins on the underbody, not even a big deal. Easy product to work with, mold lines come off simply (if you can even see them) so don't be afraid to dig in.

After these worms are done I'm going to assemble some death dancers, they look to be the most difficult to deal with and will give me a good idea how useable these models are for gaming. As far as I can tell so far, if you have a safe way to transport them I think you'd be ok. Just be careful not to drop them to a hard floor, I'm pretty sure they'd shatter or break parts off at least.

• Like 2

Got the bulk of my order last night but didn't really have time to look much.

the pizza resin is a joke. There is so much flash attaching everything. They continue to disappoint me. 

I just need my spider mother and I can never deal with them again. 

It amazes me how awesome the resin is from Companies like Mierce and Greebo but that RH can't seem to get it right.. 

On 7/25/2017 at 2:22 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

You just got yours today and you've painted two already? How?! I mean, wow. I'm impressed.

Those were from the freebes i can't basecoat a mini in less than a week!

• Like 1

Finally got the head that was missing from my replacement erzebet.. which was missing from my initial shipment..  I've only been waiting since 30-June...

• Like 1

I was looking around on their website yesterday and was tempted to grab some stuff but looks like I made the right choice in holding off.

Strange, I ordered stuff from their site and received it in a couple weeks (what I'd expect across the ocean) maybe replacements just get second fiddle to orders?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now