ahayford

Raging Heroes: Dark Elves and Sisters

Its only 20 more. :P

I'm actually running out of room to store the 20 miniatures I have and haven't even unboxed the Bones 2 stuff yet! :blink:

You've got a bathtub right?

Storage Solution Hero!!!!

My work Herr is done!!!

/flies away

• Like 2

I'm actually running out of room to store the 20 miniatures I have and haven't even unboxed the Bones 2 stuff yet! :blink:

You've got a bathtub right?

Storage Solution Hero!!!!

My work Herr is done!!!

/flies away

I'll explain that one to Mrs. n3rd... you think this barbarian can rage? I ain't got nothing on her with "clutter"!  :wow:

• Like 5

I was trying to figure out how to better store and light my craft nook yesterday. I have multiple hobbies, so room can be diffcult to come by.

I have been focusing on painting so I can probably move some stuff out of the way....

My husband saw the concept art and knew I would be getting a bunch :) 

• Like 2

Still waiting on my first KS.  While I hear the quality is phenomenal, I want them all in hand before I consider backing something else.

Well you're sort of in luck as apparently they're sending out the free minis to everyone that qualified them for free while the rest of the minis are being produced.

We hope that you'll love those minis.

We hope this bonus shipment will help you wait for your final shipment.

Maybe this will make you get out your paintbrushes.

Maybe this will make you want to support us again for our new Kickstarter.

No matter what, we value your trust in us and your continuing support, and we are so happy to have you be part of the Raging Heroes adventures.

Yeah I saw that, and started cussing, because not having minis in hand was a great Will save.

Since I win't be able to goto ReaperCon this year, I might kick a little of the stupid money I would have spent on RCon to this.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 2

I'm actually running out of room to store the 20 miniatures I have and haven't even unboxed the Bones 2 stuff yet!  :blink:

Time to lay off the kickstarters and get a new (bigger) house.

I might be in....

• Like 1

I'm actually running out of room to store the 20 miniatures I have and haven't even unboxed the Bones 2 stuff yet!  :blink:

Time to lay off the kickstarters and get a new (bigger) house.

I might be in....

Got a big house, just running out of "hobby space" to hide err store my figures in!

• Like 3

Hmmm, this is a maybe for me, I'm mostly interested in fantasy, and I guess I've just never been that big on dark elves. I'm sure they'll be a couple of pieces I'd like to have though, from what I've heard around here this is high quality stuff. Actually, it's interesting that everyone in this thread seems really pumped, but the homologous thread on Dakkadakka is filled with quite cynical 'this will not end well'-posts. So what were the problems with the previous KS? Delays? A lot of people still waiting on all of their stuff? Crappy communication?

• Like 1

Hmmm, this is a maybe for me, I'm mostly interested in fantasy, and I guess I've just never been that big on dark elves. I'm sure they'll be a couple of pieces I'd like to have though, from what I've heard around here this is high quality stuff. Actually, it's interesting that everyone in this thread seems really pumped, but the homologous thread on Dakkadakka is filled with quite cynical 'this will not end well'-posts. So what were the problems with the previous KS? Delays? A lot of people still waiting on all of their stuff? Crappy communication?

Delays for the sake of quality.

• Like 3

I'm still waiting on two minis.  I'd happily trade them out for things that are already available though.  That or finish my army via retail.

Actually, it's interesting that everyone in this thread seems really pumped, but the homologous thread on Dakkadakka is filled with quite cynical 'this will not end well'-posts. So what were the problems with the previous KS? Delays? A lot of people still waiting on all of their stuff? Crappy communication?

Remember they see /everything/ through GW eyes. If the scale is off from WHFB/40k, it's trash. If it's not usable for either game's armies, trash.

They also tend to be unforgiving of just about any flaw, real or perceived; and less polite about expressing it. So while I applaud RH for taking their time, reworking the masters until they are the best they can be...there are a lot of folks over there that just want everything as fast as possible. I understand a lot of their complaints, I just don't agree with most of them; so they tend to be a community I avoid though I have a buddy I've known for years on another forum who is a long time member (and posts here with painted stuff sporadically).

One guy mentioned KD:M which is long delayed and I have zero problems with that because the delays have resulted in better quality and more stuff as Adam keeps tossing more stuff in while certain folks are idle.

IMO people who complain about the 'estimated delivery' as if it's some kind of meaningful thing need to stay away from KS (but they also want the 'deal' without the balancing factor of unknown production times).

• Like 7

They did a bunch of pre-launch promotion on Dakka before the first KS, promising launch dates which slipped, and slipped, and slipped (If I remember right the eventual launch was about 6 months after it was promised)

Then during the first KS they said 80% of the work was done (big mistake as clearly even discounting stretch goals this was not remotely true)

The had the Raging Herald program which was intended to use volunteers to collate info, spread the word to potential backer & generally help out, and signed up at least a couple of the major posters in the thread, then proceeded to generally ignore them

Plus promising updates 'tomorrow' or 'next week' but then not coming out with them for months

and even worse than normal KS lateness (the moving minis around waves hit some folk badly as they'd picked specifically to get fullfilled sooner rather than later, and ended up with stuff that had been moved to wave 3 which is still not done)

so there's a lot of cynicism over there (for example I knew the company and expected delays, re-do's on the  models and lots of general artistic faffing around, but the amount amazed even me),

but even with the cynicism there's not so much actual dislike, we generally know that the minis will (eventually) arrive and look great when they do.

I'm certainly backing again for at least some of this but probably not as heavily as last time (I like less of the concepts, and have less spare cash) but if you are not relaxed about your KS then I think this is one to seer clear of as you will get frustrated.

• Like 3

I fully expect any and all KS projects to be heavily delayed. Expect the worse and you will never be disappointed!

• Like 4

Thanks for filling me in on some of the Raging Heroes KS1 history guys; it's good to hear different views. As Bathory said delays I'm well accustomed to, and have no problem with per se.

• Like 1

I'm also wondering what they'll list as the delivery date. THAT more than anything else will tell me how much BS they're trying to peddle. If they have it listed too close, you know their full of crap. NO ifs, ands, or buts. You can sit here and talk about why the first one was late, but now that they definitely know all of the perils of a KS, especially a popular one, if they throw some bogus delivery date into there, it ain't going to be done on time.