Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Koya Mvashti (60187)

Little while back painted Derek Schubert's Koya Mvashti, from the Pathfinder line. I really love this sculpt. It turned into a real festival of colors. I tried playing around with bright and kind of went from there. Had a lot of fun with her. Likely will base her at a later date; apologies for the white tab.

WP_20150323_054_zps9zd3kh05.jpg

WP_20150323_053_zpsxj5j9svn.jpg

WP_20150323_055_zpsjhzaofjq.jpg

WP_20150323_056_zpsu7rwug9m.jpg

Thanks for looking! Feel free to provide advice for future reckoning.

• Like 15

I like it. I'm a sucker for a starknife.

One suggestion, the shoes kind of blend into the dress. I think they could be a different color or black/dark lined.  

• Like 2

I agree about the shoes. Otherwise , I think you did a great job. Remember to update this when you base her, too.

• Like 2

Thanks, y'all.

The shoes are a bit different color, but probably not enough. I took a wild hair to do something besides my typical leather-brown mix. So I tried to match, but, yeah. I will try some blackening.

Another vote for changing the shoes. Also love the star knife. Reminds me of the first weapon Yuffie comes with in Final Fantasy VII, for those who remember that game.

• Like 1

Nice mini and a good job painting now flock the base ;)

• Like 1

I still haven't decided whether I like flock or not. Maybe haven't found the right stuff. :unsure:

Bold colors!  I like it.  Thanks for painting her.

Seeing the edge of your curving backdrop -- and the blackness of deep space beyond -- is a little distracting.  When you take pictures of your next finished miniature, I suggest keeping your camera pointed straight ahead at the backdrop, and just turning the figure to a variety of angles.

Derek

• Like 1

Thanks! Wish I could do her greater justice.

I can't get the lighting right focusing straight on the paper. Everything gets the blue-ing and the details fuzz even worse. Or does it more often, anyway. Which probably just means something else is wrong, but. I'm setting up a lightbox for future photos, homemade one--I don't want to put a lot into this, at all, as I'm just painting for the tabletop, but it's pretty frustrating. Hoping this'll solve some problems, diffusing the light. Otherwise I'm just going to start taking pictures of them sitting wherever, 'cause, yeah. Tabletop. I just take the pictures to prove that I exist. :ph34r: