haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

228 posts in this topic

"Iomedae has blessed me with a strong nose, and her agents have taught me how to use it properly," brags Tan. Being a bit more melodromatic than perhaps Iomedae would prefer, Tan makes a small show of finding the wolves path.

D20 +7 = 17 Survival check.  

I believe scent gives me a base of 10 to track by scent, minus time and condition modifiers.  But I may have my rule sets confused.  

"rikki was hunter for clan, learned more from mentor. Can help find"

"SCENT: A creature with the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10 (no matter what kind of surface holds the scent). This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Survival skill. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility. "

(editted for clarity of the map)

Trunau

Tan, you pick up the trail fairly easy. It appears to head down the street that leads toward the first gates that protect the southern part of Trunau. (they came from this way). The party was at or near the intersection that turns north with the blacksmith's shop "Clamor" (G) in the NW corner. Note, there is a large pyramid of wood (M) soaked with oils & other flammable chemicals near Clamor. This is one of the signal fire stacks in case of invasion.

The trail leads past the wall & into the eastern corner called the "Inner quarter" (L). Locals know this is a choke point for the locals defenders to use to stop invading enemies if they get this far into the city. The North & South gates can be closed off, trapping the invaders to their doom. The scent trail takes a turn off the road here it stops near the trees.

Also note these particular spots that you've visited so far.

Ramblehouse (the inn you were/are staying in) (B)

Sanctuary (Temple of Iomedea) (F)

Brinya Kelver's lodging (D)

(really helping myself to remember where places are. ::): I keep thinking the Ramblehouse is located in the southern portion of the town.....)