haldir

Pathfinder: Giantslayer AP

228 posts in this topic

"Aye, I might be interested in joining the militia, as I came here to help defend the town against the orcs.  Just as the festival is still going on, let;s leave that discussion to another day."

He then heads off to buy a few apples, one for him and one for Falgar.

Branwyn smiled slightly "Perhaps. After all I already work with the militia."

Beorht chimes in..."I'm willing to do what it takes to see good triumph over evil.  If that means helping the town from within the ranks of the militia, or just a friendly adventurer, either way is fine with me."

"Of course I will assist you again.  you helped with my magic and with my finds.  I will be happy to help protect my adopted home"

"On the other hand, you probably don't want to be standing in front of me on the walls..."

Edited by Kangaroorex

"Ah yes, I thought I've seen you at some of the drills." Rodrik says to Branwyn

"It sometime is hard to put faces amongst the volunteers that make up the milita." he chuckles.

His brother, Kurst really doesn't say much, he kinda hangs back & walks amongst the other guards.

Anyone that mingles you gain this while mingling with the crowd:

“The hopeknife is more than a weapon—it’s a symbol. To Trunauans, earning your hopeknife is a mark of your place in the community. When you earn your hopeknife, it means you are wise enough to make adult decisions, old enough to know what it means to fear, and strong enough to protect your neighbors, even if it costs you your own life.â€

“Even though she’s the Chief Defender’s daughter, Ruby has to pledge to uphold the Standing Vow in order to receive her hopeknife, just like the rest of us. She must agree to hold Trunau against all comers and to never forfeit her homeland willingly. That is the Vow.â€

“Rumor has it that Rodrik Grath is next in line for the position of patrol leader after his old man Jagrin retires. Jagrin’s a good commander, but he’s getting old, and it might be time for some new blood in the militia’s leadership.â€

“Shame about the graffiti all over town. The militia’s got better things to do than clean up youngsters’ messes, but even stranger is how long it lasts. Try as one might, soap and water don’t do a thing to those marks!â€

“Have you read Rodrik Grath’s latest work, ‘The Other Side of Contempt’? He’s our own home-grown writer. It’s a controversial poem, but that’s what makes Rodrik’s writing so strong—he’s not afraid to push limits.â€

If anyone has anything else, the night passes with everyone having a great time. If anyone doesn't have a place to stay for the night, the most common place to stay is the Ramblehouse, a boarding inn. Also it's the only inn in town.  ^_^ Anyone local obviously has a place to stay, unless stated otherwise.

Rikki retires to the Ramblehouse for the night, pondering the things he picked up about town. The graffiti was the most interesting to him. He knew a few things about dyes. It was one of the things his village traded in, and that it would not come off was of an interest to him. If it was something that held strong with wear, he would like to learn what it was, and if it was magic of some kind, well that could be interesting too, but more interesting would be the why. After he was rested up from the day, he would be most interested in going out to learn more, and above all, to see for himself.

" Well friends," says Ragnar. "It was a glorious day. Perhaps we can meet for breakfast in the morning at the Ramblehouse?"  And with that he strolls towards the Ivory Hall, whistling a little tune.

Thomlin is curious about the graffiti.  On his way back to the Ramblehouse he keeps an eye out for any examples of it.  If he can't find any along the way (or he can not any sense out of it) he will table the matter until the morning and head off to sleep..

Branwyn will make her way to her own home after the party. She was delighted they could recall her slightly from the militia drills. Her silence was mostly due to her own shyness when dealing with people. She smiled as she thought on how much she enjoyed this much rowdier place compared to her own quiet and ordered place she had grown. This graffiti worried her though as it was odd it was not removable.

Some things were just gossip, but it still gossip could give insight in how people thought of others.

Kirinto is also very curious about the graffiti. As the festivities wind Down and people grow used to the dancing lights he will agree that breakfast sounds like a great idea and then actively seek out some of this graffiti, using detect magic on it to determine if it is enchanted in some fashion and if there is anything nefarious about it.

If he stars to wander too far off the beaten path, he will cast mage shield just to be on the safe side.

Assuming he finds some: detect magic with a 13+8 for a spell craft check.

For added light he will have dancing lights set as a humanoid figure standing slightly forward and to his right. If there is any sign of danger he will have the light move away from his position and wink out on reaching maximum range and he will attempt to hide and see who is coming.

Kirinto

You make your way out of the area & the party fades into the background. You make your way down the streets & after quite awhile searching, you see on the South Tower (Area E) a large marking, it is facing toward the east. The markings appear to be 2 crossed white swords or crosses (they point downward). The odd thing is the marking is 30 feet tall & 10 feet high on a garrisoned tower! There is no way you can get into the tower thou as it is manned by armed guards.

Trying to find other markings comes up fruitless until you make your way all the way up to Sanctuary, the temple dedicated to the goddess Iomedea. You see the same crude symbol painted on the rock behind the temple (the small rock making up the wall). This one you can make your way to it.

You cast the spell, it doesn't show up as magical.

There are people milling about, but none seem to notice you.

With a shrug, kirinto will study the image and copy it into his notes. Then head home until morning where he will meet up with the others for breakfast

He was a light sleeper, and the sounds of the Innkeeper and staff getting the day started roused him from his sleep. It was still dark in this room, he guessed it might just be around dawn, with the sun not yet high enough to reach through the windows, but that was fine. Darkness was no issue to him. Quickly he dressed and as silent as a shadow, and nearly as invisible, he made his way, not down to the common room but up. Quite confident in his ability to not wake anyone (stealth check=25) and even more confident in his ability to climb (taking 10 for an 18) he sought the roof, from which he would greet the dawn as was fitting for a follower of Sarenrae.

Just a touch before dawn, Kirinto will wake to his studies eagerly drawing the magic to him and making it his own again.  At true dawn arrives, he will make his way over to the Ramblehouse for a meeting with the new friends he met at the party last night.