Sign in to follow this  
Dontfear

DSM "The Lovers" for MFCA

Can't wait to see what you do with this.

So gentle and tender, and if someone has the patience and skill to render that in paint

it is YOU ! 

• Like 2

maybe the bead section in Michaels?  Often they have unusual shapes.  Good luck!!!

good idea.  I'm going to Corporea the heck out of this base.

• Like 9

maybe the bead section in Michaels?  Often they have unusual shapes.  Good luck!!!

good idea.  I'm going to Corporea the heck out of this base.

I like that, it should become a thing around here to say that. My base for my RCon diorama will be Corporea'd as well!

• Like 6

So we have 'Corporea' as a verb for ornate hand made bases, 'Schubert' as a judging scale. Any other Reaperese terms to add to the lexicon?

I think the doves might be the easy part, where are you going to get the fae whatsit kneeling at the bottom?

• Like 4

Ditto, there have to be some kind of beads or charms in the jewelry section. 

• Like 2

So we have 'Corporea' as a verb for ornate hand made bases, 'Schubert' as a judging scale. Any other Reaperese terms to add to the lexicon?

I think the doves might be the easy part, where are you going to get the fae whatsit kneeling at the bottom?

I'm just riffing so I think I'll use some minis, maybe some of the 20 bones I have to make them but sort of have them melting in and out of the rocks on the base.  I have a few thoughts as to what might work there.  I may take a whack at sculpting them too.  just an attempt anyways.

Ditto, there have to be some kind of beads or charms in the jewelry section. 

Who knows maybe I'll find some faerie critters.

Reaper also makes some pretty likely candidates.

Edited by Dontfear
  • Like 3

I'm trying to decide if Pingo'd is a painting technique "Yeah, it just looked like colors brushed on, but then I Pingo'd with some burnt umber and my number 2 brush and it all came together"

or if it's scolding about the dangers of the paints we use, "This girl on Facebook mentioned licking nail-art brushes, so I Pingo'd her."

• Like 5

Ordered two of these:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/crows/sku-down/03479

and five of the extras.

might work for turtle doves when painted as such.  At the scale we are talking about I think the differences are minimal. 

Also, I got the piece primed and started to sketch out some basing ideas for basing on paper.  not really fit to show but when I have something to show I will. 

I'll be putting it on a chunk of elm that I  got from Thrym.  I'll post pics soonish, its nice and the way I'll mount the material won't obscure the beauty of the wood. 

For at least one of the Fairy critters built into the base I'm going to use this in bones chopped up and puttied into the base:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dryad/sku-down/14479

I'll add a few odds and ends I have from Stonehaven and some of the reaper familiar packs. 

Edited by Dontfear
  • Like 7

I will be following this one for sure. I love this piece and your ideas sound wonderful.

On a slightly different note I have never been to a MFCA show and looking at how it will be in King of Prussia I may have to consider driving out to see it. Not to mention then I would get to see this piece in person, and hopefully meet the artist behind it. Have you ever been before? 

• Like 1