SamuraiJack

GNL Mats by GameNightLife

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Have you used Tact-Tiles before? I'm interested in seeing how the GNL tiles compare to Tact-Tiles, which is what I currently use.

I have not.

I am actually kind of kicking myself for not going with a different color. I have quite a bit of Dwarven Forge, so a map like this would typically be built with that. Blue for water or green for grass would have filled a void.

• Like 1

I've got both, and I like these better.  the surface is smoother and I can use more marker options.  They also are softer so they don't get as out of whack when they are not perfectly flat.. 

• Like 2

I have noticed some ghosting when using wet erase markers on some of the tiles, but only some of the tiles others are fine.  I haven't yet tried running them under water or using a stronger cleaner to remove the residue.  But then Dry erase markers have worked fine on those same tiles.  So there are some consistency issues with the tiles, but that would be more an issue with the factory.  Over all I really like them so far and they make running battles a lot easier, lol.

So I just cleaned my tiles after they sat with dry and wet erase marker on them for about 3 weeks.. 

Special note: even after 3 weeks, a cat's butt can still wipe out a dry erase map.. 

Dry Erase continued to come off clean.. wet erase ran off under running water but left ghosting.. light application of 70% isopropyl alcohol removed all traces of residue and ghosting easily.  I have 91% as a back up but it wasn't needed.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Anyone not received theirs, or can thread be closed?

I’ve not received mine and won’t for months. They’re not even close to shipping other colors/shapes yet.

• Like 1

Here is a picture from this weekend to pique interest while waiting

20180408_155737.thumb.jpg.b54630b4395bfdda28b0e372cb3eb5ce.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ladystorm said:

They have not yet begun to produce any of the 28 flavors of tile I ordered. Pretty sure I'm last on their queue.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 2

Not received mine yet.  And they are only sending the square on square parchment mats anyhow.  They have yet to product the other colors, hex, or larger square mats.  So this one will be going on for a long while.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 10:21 AM, ladystorm said:

I have not received mine either.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:13 PM, etherial said:

They have not yet begun to produce any of the 28 flavors of tile I ordered. Pretty sure I'm last on their queue.

Suspicion essentially confirmed. The current planned production order is:

0. 1" Square on Parchment (Shipping)

1. Multigrid in Parchment

2. Other colors of 8x8 squares

3. Hex-on-Square in Parchment

4. Other Hex-on-Square

5. Hex-on-hex in Parchment

6. Hex-on-hex in other colors.

40% of my order is in Item 6. I might splurge to split my shipping and get half my order when Item 2 Ships.

• Like 1

What a Charlie Foxtrot this campaign turned out to be...

looks like I’m one of the last as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Baphomet69 said:

What a Charlie Foxtrot this campaign turned out to be...

looks like I’m one of the last as well.

Yes, this campaign has been quite the SNAFU. Still, they're doing everything in their power to fulfill pledges. I believe you can still demand a refund if you'd prefer.

• Like 1