Sign in to follow this  
Foxfire

Eldar Jetbikes

So in the tradition of not finishing anything and moving onto something new, my pathfinder dragon has been untouched for ages now.

I moved onto 40k as my friends started playing, it awakened something inside me and I found a bunch of Eldar (the master race) on ebay for a really cheap price.

They were already painted this incredibly bright orange for some reason (hence the cheap price) but last weekend I found this... http://www.dreamalittlebigger.com/post/galaxy-easter-eggs.htmland thought. Wow, those easter egg shells look almost exactly like Jetbike's.

They're not perfect because I'm not spending too long on them, there's 10 bikes to paint so I don't want to spend 4 or 5 hours on each one. But I'm really pleased with how they are turning out.

post-7828-0-38044700-1428569343.jpg

this is an example of the bright orange they were before.

post-7828-0-22754500-1428569472.jpg

Edited to add in a picture with the 4th rider finished.

post-7828-0-09577500-1428582196.jpg

Edited by Foxfire
  • Like 18

Nice pattern on the jetbikes.

Really cool.

Of course the flimsy eldar will fall to the might of Chaos, but hey, at least they look good :devil:

• Like 1

Hey, Chaos, you keep a civil tongue in your mouth when you're talking to your mother.

I loved the Eldar back in the day. The galaxy concept is very cool.

• Like 2

Love 'em!

Hey, what is it with painting 40K stuff orange? Couple years ago, I grabbed a full squad of Space Marines off eBay for a few bucks for the same reason: they were painted an awful, garish orange.

Alas, not all could be saved, but I did manage to strip most of them, paint up five or six as Blood Angels, sold three of those for five bucks each, and then used the unsalvageables as casualties in my terrains.

About a year before that, I bought a few orange attack bikes from an FLGS. Orange and green. And thick.

Gross. What is it with that?

• Like 2

Love 'em!

Hey, what is it with painting 40K stuff orange? Couple years ago, I grabbed a full squad of Space Marines off eBay for a few bucks for the same reason: they were painted an awful, garish orange.

Alas, not all could be saved, but I did manage to strip most of them, paint up five or six as Blood Angels, sold three of those for five bucks each, and then used the unsalvageables as casualties in my terrains.

About a year before that, I bought a few orange attack bikes from an FLGS. Orange and green. And thick.

Gross. What is it with that?

Yeah I have no idea - to be honest I've never seen the orange before. But now, apparently it's a thing. Maybe there is a forum or article somewhere that says it makes a good mid-ground basecoat or something?

• Like 1