Heisler

CMPA's Moving to Third Saturday Painting - Denver CO

32 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

It was quite fun! Thanks everyone for humoring my boyfriend as he worked on his first mini sonce childhood!

Aw... I don't think I said 'hi'. Sorry! 

Yeah, I need to actually arrive on time (why I though it only take 40 minutes to get there this time baffles me) this next time (assuming I can make it), and sit with the new folks.  Granted, I sat at the table that had room this time.

He did! He had me critique his mousling a lot yesterday though. Once he's on a topic he can get super nitpicky. When he asks for tips you can unload on him. 

I think I am going to rummage though more figures for him and some extra brushes so he can dig in. 

• Like 1

August 19, third Saturday for this month, is just a bit more than a week away. Don't forget to block out the time for painting at Total Escape, 10:30 – 4-ish.

NW Corner of 120th Ave and Main St in Broomfield.

Address: 

6831 W 120th Ave
Suite C
Broomfield, CO 80020

(Google Maps shows the location correctly.)

• Like 1

Already arranged with Boss to get those days off :) 

If The Boyfriend isn't on a business trip, I am dragging him again too. 

Bringing camera to pester you about settings for some figures. The Necrobard will hopefully be done by then, but I'd love to get him photographed properly (along with Ox and Fairy). 

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Bringing camera to pester you about settings for some figures. The Necrobard will hopefully be done by then, but I'd love to get him photographed properly (along with Ox and Fairy). 

No problem. I'll try to remember to bring some offcuts of gray paper for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

I doubt I'll be able to show due to continuing medical problems in my family. :(

Sorry to hear that, John. If you get a chance to take a break, we'd love to see you.

Failing that, there's always next month.

The boyfriend will be there in the morning, but leaves early to carpool to WY with his family for the eclipse. I leave on Sunday for that. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By android
      my second attempt at painting a Reaper miniature?
      Any thoughts - not sure how light to go on the skin - or how to finish his facial features

cheers
      Andy

• By brushforhire
      Hello! Long time no posting. I have been getting back into painting as a regular thing, so I hope to be here more often!

Anyways. I hope I picked the correct category of the forums for this.

So I have put together a group painting even during the course of Adepticon at the group hobby area. We are going to be painting a Fire Giant Queen, bones or metal. It is open to anyone and just a great way to meet other painters and see how we all interpret the same miniature.

Just grab a Fire Giant Queen, prep her, and bring her. I have not signed up for any events other than the crystal brush at adepticon, so I plan on being at the hobby area alot. I'll probably have a little sign to make it easier to find those of us who are doing this together. This is a super informal, pop in and out as you can, kind of thing. Mostly just to meet other painters and have a good time.

If this is not cool, I apologize.
    • By Cyradis
      CMPA is doing a "Bust a Move" challenge. I've been meaning to paint this lion for a while. The only non blue part are his eyes. The rest will be 50 Shades of Blue. I am basing with Dragon Blue, but intend to subdue it with less saturated blues as I go. First bust and first monochrome! Okay, almost monochrome 

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

In case you couldn't tell, I am trying to upgrade my current painting gear to something that gives me more capability to expand my skill base.  One thing I have recently considered is magnification.

I have heard some folks use reading glasses, and a few that use desk mounted magnifiers.  For those that use them, what makes them worth it? (FWIW, my eyesight is 20/20, I am just trying to get closer without putting the mini right into my face). 

• By NomadZeke
      I'm kinda on time!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Frostbite:
      Considering the sheer cold that's gripping most of us as of this posting: Paint a mini that looks like they've been outside in the winter a little too long - snow in the hair, icicles on shields, etc. Have fun with it

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      Our annual challenge returns. February Fingerpaint! 
      This is pretty self explanatory. 

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Pending...

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)