Heisler

CMPA's Moving to Third Saturday Painting - Denver CO

164 posts in this topic

Did he enjoy it?

32 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

It was quite fun! Thanks everyone for humoring my boyfriend as he worked on his first mini sonce childhood!

Aw... I don't think I said 'hi'. Sorry! 

Yeah, I need to actually arrive on time (why I though it only take 40 minutes to get there this time baffles me) this next time (assuming I can make it), and sit with the new folks.  Granted, I sat at the table that had room this time.

He did! He had me critique his mousling a lot yesterday though. Once he's on a topic he can get super nitpicky. When he asks for tips you can unload on him. 

I think I am going to rummage though more figures for him and some extra brushes so he can dig in. 

1 person likes this

August 19, third Saturday for this month, is just a bit more than a week away. Don't forget to block out the time for painting at Total Escape, 10:30 – 4-ish.

NW Corner of 120th Ave and Main St in Broomfield.

Address: 

6831 W 120th Ave
Suite C
Broomfield, CO 80020

(Google Maps shows the location correctly.)

1 person likes this

Already arranged with Boss to get those days off :) 

If The Boyfriend isn't on a business trip, I am dragging him again too. 

Bringing camera to pester you about settings for some figures. The Necrobard will hopefully be done by then, but I'd love to get him photographed properly (along with Ox and Fairy). 

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Bringing camera to pester you about settings for some figures. The Necrobard will hopefully be done by then, but I'd love to get him photographed properly (along with Ox and Fairy). 

No problem. I'll try to remember to bring some offcuts of gray paper for you.

1 person likes this

I will be wandering the wilds of Wyoming with my In-laws.  Hopefully I'll return with my sanity intact...

I have my dull gray/blue construction paper, but plain gray would be better. 

Windsor Wine Festival is that day, so I will be there instead of painting.

Reminder: this Saturday, Total Escape, starting at 10:30.

I doubt I'll be able to show due to continuing medical problems in my family. :(

4 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

I doubt I'll be able to show due to continuing medical problems in my family. :(

Sorry to hear that, John. If you get a chance to take a break, we'd love to see you.

Failing that, there's always next month.

I'll be in Wyoming with the in-laws.  Yeehaw...

Hopefully next month...

The boyfriend will be there in the morning, but leaves early to carpool to WY with his family for the eclipse. I leave on Sunday for that. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Blah, can't win lately. Con, sick, travel, travel, drama....sorry I'm late y'all.

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      September 25th is national comic book day! Paint a mini to resemble a comic book character of your choice (Bonus points* for any from the "League of regrettable superheroes/supervillains"

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      3 Families of color only. The 'typical' halloween colors of orange, purple, and black. You can only use colors that have "orange" "purple" or "black" as part of their names, and all 3 colors must be present on the figure.

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Modify a mini (besides the gelatinous cube/large fire elemental) to have an actual flickering light-source inside of it (with the battery concealed somehow), like a jack-o-lantern. The more creative the better, obviously.

Good luck

*The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By Chrom.xh
      Hello every body, this will be here not to show off anything amazing or impressive. Just something that took me five and a half hours to do. Nothing to impressive or anything like that. Its a fairly simple paint job for this old miniature. It has been sitting on my portable painting desk for many years now, and I felt like it was time to finally paint it. So I could use it in Dungeons and Dragons if I ever played a Dwarf again or just to use in anything with Dwarves in it really. With the new system of being able to upload photos straight to here from a device, it may be a little weird. I have never used the new Reaper system for photos so lets see how it works. I will still be explaining everything to the best of my ability. All of the paints i used besides one were all Reaper Paints. So, lets get started.

Okay, so these four photos are of the Dwarf miniature as a whole. I had to paint over the entire mini with black because it had taken some damage to the prime that covers it. After i had painted the entire thing I let it dry and took the pictures so I wouldn't forget to take them.

Next I painted on the metallic colors that i knew i was going to do and I could see. This included the small amount of Chain mail showing under his massive beard, the large Warhammer and his shiled. These were done first in Shadowed Steel. Then I did the few detail pieces that I wanted in Antique Gold. After I painted those few things I realized that I hadn't painted the Rune Stone he is standing on. So I quickly mixed up a wash of the color... well Stone. I forget who the Stone wash is made by but I added some water and I think Glaze Medium. Chaoshead will yell at me in the comments to tell me i'm wrong since i was using most of his paints. Anyways, I did a couple of coats of the Stone wash and moved on to let that dry for a while.

While I was letting the Stone wash dry I went on to other colors. I pulled the Rainy Grey out to do the fur that lines the inside of his cape, not realizing I had missed some it will show up later. This step was fairly easy when I was painting it on, but then again the entire thing to me seemed easy and I don't really know why.

After the inside of the cape i moved on wards and started to paint Leather. I used Ruddy Leather for anything leather on the Miniature. I started with the gloves then moved on afterwards.

Alright, in these few photos I painted more leather onto his sleeves, belt pouch, boots and the bottom of his Chain mail shirt. This step frustrated me because I accidentally painted over some of the metal, so I had to go back and paint the metallics again. I then moved on to some detail work that may have taken the most time to do... I think.

On the Rune Stone, I used Breonne Blue to add some color to the... Stone. XD I wanted to paint the runes from the beginning of this small project. I think the Breonne was a good choice for the runes in the first place.

Here I had finally painted his massive beard. I used Mahogany Brown for his beard since it was the only one within my small amount of paints that would work. I liked my choice of color for his beard though.

In these three i painted the trim of the cape with the Ruddy Leather. I painted it very carefully to make sure I didn't get any on anything else. I already had to repaint Metallic colors earlier and i didn't want to do it again.

Continuing with the cape i painted it Leaf Green and had to do it a couple of times to make sure it was one solid color.

Painted the face with Tanned Skin and then used Grass Green to paint his eyes. Again this is all just a super simple paint job for this mini and is just meant to be a good, fun, little thing I like to do.

As a final thing to finish this Miniature off was a nice little touch that I thought of last second. I painted the small heart on his cape with Blood Red. 

The Dwarf is done! He is done in all of the simplest ways to paint that I know how. XD If you all enjoyed and have some tips or anything to leave for myself. Please leave a comment and i guess stay tuned to here or another one I post in the future.
    • By Ottolla
      Edit: AH this forum is so unlike what I'm use to I have no idea how to format this sorry!
      Double edit: All my text is in the pictures what is this forum even help im drowning in quotes and i dont know how to get rid of them

So! I just started painting, like... a week ago at most? After a trip to the game store to buy spell cards for our campaigns (4, each with a different dm, of player levels levels 3,1,1,1) we noticed and decided to invest in minis.
      Since I'm DMing two games (one with players who are not coming back, so likely a dead game, and one thats ongoing) and I'm the crafty one, I'm the most excited, and the one doing the actual painting.

I wanted to try out different tequniques on the goblins, so they all look kinda different. I did basecoats on five of them, two black, three brown, and then I painted on with no base (and found that, so far, thats my favorite meathod) 
    • By Sushiroll
      Hey all, I looked for a thread about this but didn't see one. Anyway, what do people prefer to paint, metal or plastic minis? I just started painting and have only done plastic. I've seen pictures of some metal ones and they seem to have crisper details. I see they offer both options for a lot of minis on the reaper store, wanted to see what people think? Thanks!
    • By Sushiroll
      I just got into miniature painting and decided to post on the forum to get some feedback and advice. This is only the second miniature I've ever painted. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out despite my lack of experience. I'm thinking of dry brushing his back a bit more for an even more intense frost/ice effect. I plan on varnishing and basing him as soon as the bases I ordered arrived. Any CC is welcome thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)