Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

77100: Vanja, Fire Giant Queen. Bones.

Nice backgrounds. That top one looks like the entrance to the Cyclops-Centaur temple from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Lately, I've been shooting things agains the box cover of a Pegasus hobbies gothic building. Kind of a fun change of pace.

• Like 1

Nice job!

The blue lipstick is a little odd, but I like the overall figure.

The snakeskin cloak is awesome!!

• Like 1

Nice job!

The blue lipstick is a little odd, but I like the overall figure.

The snakeskin cloak is awesome!!

Thx, She also got blue eyeliner, blue nailpolish.blue eyes and blue in her hair.  I wanted her to be different a bit gothic/punk maybe.

• Like 1

Skorg Ironskull:  Vanja, what have I told you about hanging out with those frost giant boys?

Vanja:  What?  I haven't been...

Skorg Ironskull:  Don't lie to me; your lips are blue!

Vanja:  Gaaahhh!  Dad!  I can do what I want!

:poke:  ::P:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I took out the BBQ and some stuff I bought.

Used styrofoam for the base and a Styrofoam Ball ( half of it).

Applied some snow an grass flock, glued some trees and figurines in place and done.

The houses will light up at night and I added a string of Led lights.

Put it in the garden in front of our window/door. So in the evening we can see it from our room.

Just a silly idea, maybe you guys like it, because you know...most of you are silly too...

• By Crowley
      As November's Hangout Figure of the Month, we picked Medusa 77037/02833. Now, because of boobs, I can't share most of my pics of her.
      However you can see them at my blog:
      Part 1

Part 2

At this point I just need to touch up a few spots, flock the base, and she's done!
    • By jonaas33
      I painted this fire giant over the last few days.  I had some grand plans on making this guy really unique: lighter skin to make it look like old charcoal or ash, a gold sword, bright and intense glowing from those balls and chains on his belt.  Needless to say, those plans changed greatly during execution.  The light skin tone made him look like a zombie, the ball and chain looked like scrambled eggs, and I didn't even bother with a gold sword.  This is one I really wish I had done a Work In Progress post to ask for advice on getting those ideas to really pop on the figure.  He ended up pretty generic, but at least a generic fire giant still looks pretty cool. I'm hoping to retry some of my wild ideas on a different fire giant in the future, and I will definitely have a WIP post to help me along the way.  Critiques and advice are welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

• By Thrym

As I stated, I am working on a lot of projects involving the various Joten Horde I command and so I managed to acquire this one on Black Friday at my FLGS, Millennium, in Rochester, NY.

Wizkids :: Troll :: Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures™

This appears to be a direct response to Reaper's Bones line.
      It comes pre-primed with Vallejo Grey Primer and that wafer thin base AND the integral base.

As you can see this is a classic Dungeons & Dragons portrayal of a troll.   I've always enjoyed this kind and have a couple of classic trolls from TSR in the same vein.

As I mentioned, I above, he came with a really thin base to put him on and the integral base.  Wasn't a fan of either so I cut the integral base right off and glue him to a piece of shale to add some weight to the miniature.  I also glued that to a architectural tile sample.  Then added some bark.  One piece to represent a log coming from below the rock he's standing on and the rest to increase the uneven terrain feeling.  I added the course and fine sand to give the whole thing some texture.

Afterward, I sealed the whole base with a quick coating of Testors Dullcote and then primed it by hand with some Reaper Grey Primer.

Some points about the model...

It says high-definition and it certainly seems to be of very good detail.  You can see a nice definition with the knuckles and veins on his hands and wrist.

That said, what annoys me is the mold line through his left cheek and his hair.  The rest of them are in the usual spots, along his chest sides and either side of his limbs.

The price point for the Bones Trolls compared to this troll at the store ($5) are roughly the same.

I look forward to adding him to the crew and I think I might continue my Abomination style skin on him that I used for the Mountain Troll, The Skull Collector. 

Enjoy and Stay Tuned!

• By eldamir
      So one of my November goals was to work on (or even finish) the DDS 2014 tower ruins .. If you look at the WIP thread, you'll see that it took me a LOOONG time to get this done finally.. 

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the treasure came out, and learned a lot from applying the sand without painting the base Bonesium first, but over all, I'm fairly happy with it... 

• Who's Online   29 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)